SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mini Pistol Lights
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini Pistol Lights Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have one of the first TLR-7s that came out, it's a great light. I'm eventually moving all my off duty lights to the TLR-7. I ordered the OLight to try something different on a play gun.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a TLR 8 that I’ve had good luck with. Seems well built.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My Olight came in. It’s pretty nice for half the price of my TLR-7.
I have plenty of charger cords from all my other Olights.

It’s going on my plinker pistol for some heavy shooting this weekend. We’ll see how it holds up.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah holster selection is THE issue when you are actually going to carry a pistol with a WML.

If it's a house gun that you'll never holsters, slap a X300U or TLR-1whatever model is best and you are good.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If the light makers were smart, they come up with a common form factor/envelope for each size/class of pistol lights (ie full size, mini/glock flush fit, etc.) This way the holstermakers could make their holsters to accommodate the standard, and all the lights would fit.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah holster selection is THE issue when you are actually going to carry a pistol with a WML..

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's not a carry gun or a house gun.

I actually have a holster coming Monday for the 19X and O Light. It's an OWB kydex holster. I forgot who made it, I've ordered a bunch of holsters for home and work this week.

My daily carry gun is a Glock 32 with TLR-7 and my bedside gun is a Glock 21 with TLR-1. Both have dedicated holsters.

Now, my duty holster that fits the M3/TLR-1/Procyon(remember those pieces of crap!) fits my TLR-7 just fine.

Not minority enough!

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
TLR-7 has a more focused beam.

OLight has a whiter beam and more flood

Not minority enough!

Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I sold my two SF XC-1s and got three Streamlight TLR-7s which are on EDC guns. The balance of power, size, and proven quality is fantastic. The switch makes sense and is easy to use, it has sufficient runtime, and is small enough to not make a holster much larger. I use a TR Holsters IWB for the Glock 19 w/TLR-7 and a Gearcraft IWB for the SIG P229 w/TLR-7.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post