SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mini Pistol Lights
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini Pistol Lights Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking around at mini pistol lights for a Glock 19 and came across these 2.

http://inforce-mil.com/product...l-lights/aplc-glock/

https://olightworld.com/led-fl...fense/olight-pl-mini

Any thoughts or feedback? It will be in a IWB holster and a pocket holster so I'm trying to figure out if the switches go up or down or press in from the side which I think both holsters may well activate.

I've heard good things about Inforce and consider them in the streamlight realm under Surefire. Olight makes good handhelds but I havent read much about them in weapon lights. I was also interested in the FourSevens Sentinel WS1 but it doesnt seem like that ever actually came out?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O-Light is one of the top flashlight makers out there.

They are also having a big sale on Friday on their site.

I will never buy a light not made by O-Light. When one of their vendors passed away suddenly, O-Light stepped up and donated ALL of the proceeds from website sales for an entire day. They raised over $60k for the widow and their small children. I bought the bigger weapon light that day. The construction is great, it's blindingly bright but I haven't shot it yet but they have my loyalty for the foreseeable future.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s good to know thanks.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OLights are excellent but I think I would want a battery system that I could replace in the field quickly if the battery dies. The OLight has a rechargeable battery which may not allow for that.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have the Inforce APLC on one of my G19’s and it’s great.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
There are holsters out for the Inforce. Dont think I've ever seen one made for the Olight. Maybe it fits in a Surefire XC1 holster?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
O-Light is one of the top flashlight makers out there.

They are also having a big sale on Friday on their site.

I will never buy a light not made by O-Light. When one of their vendors passed away suddenly, O-Light stepped up and donated ALL of the proceeds from website sales for an entire day. They raised over $60k for the widow and their small children. I bought the bigger weapon light that day. The construction is great, it's blindingly bright but I haven't shot it yet but they have my loyalty for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the timely info. Was comparing newer model pistol lights for purchase this weekend and always try to do business with "real" people! O-Light it is!

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
I recently got an Olight mini. I have about 250 rounds on it and carry it daily on my Glock 19 in a 5.11 holster shirt.

So far, I have no complaints.

Posts: 257 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
There are holsters out for the Inforce. Dont think I've ever seen one made for the Olight. Maybe it fits in a Surefire XC1 holster?

From what I've seen for reviews the mounting point makes it not fit some of these. I make my own holsters so I think it works for me.

Is the battery for the Olight replaceable when it finally gives up the rechargable ghost? I'd like to use it longer than 2 years though for the BF deal of apparently about $60 it is tempting to try and revisit the issue when it reaches its end.

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I have the non-laser version of the Streamlight TLR-3. They also have a smaller light, the TLR-6. I've only started buying Streamlights this year (previously I used an Insight M3 that was given to me) but the quality seems high.

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eek

The PL-2 Valkyrie is the brightest compact weapon light on the market using a CREE XHP35 HI Led delivering a scorching 1200 lumens.

All for the low price of...

MAP Price: $99.95 Eek

Wonder if you can use rechargeables without burning up the light? As most lights don't recommend using rechargeable 123 batteries.
*Q&A talks about using them with no warning. Smile

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I like the Viridian C series lights, small ,although the lumens aren't as strong and the beam dispersal is different , still a good light at a reasonable price.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I just bought an O-light mini. I was looking for a tiny WML that wouldn’t take up much space on a packable carbine. I’ve been very impressed by it. It’s bright and the rechargeable system is slick. I may buy another one or two just to keep around or put one on a pistol.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Any holster availability for the O-light?

Without that, it's pretty senseless to have a small light...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Olight last night so I'll report back when I receive it and sadly I wont get to actually shoot with it on until the 1rst.

It looks like its pretty close to the XC1 form factor but apparently the QD lever on the side may stick out to the point where it may not work. I'm going to fab up a holster for it but if that doesnt work it will likely hang on one of my carbines.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Any reason you seem to be, but not explicitly saying that you are, avoiding the Surefire XC1? If you think it's too expensive, I could see that. But it largely started this market, so it's worth looking at. Also, I think there's a new version coming out that addresses some perceived weaknesses in it's switching mechanism.

quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I'm looking around at mini pistol lights for a Glock 19 and came across these 2.

http://inforce-mil.com/product...l-lights/aplc-glock/

https://olightworld.com/led-fl...fense/olight-pl-mini

Any thoughts or feedback? It will be in a IWB holster and a pocket holster so I'm trying to figure out if the switches go up or down or press in from the side which I think both holsters may well activate.

I've heard good things about Inforce and consider them in the streamlight realm under Surefire. Olight makes good handhelds but I havent read much about them in weapon lights. I was also interested in the FourSevens Sentinel WS1 but it doesnt seem like that ever actually came out?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked a a few reviews and it seemed to be noticeably dimmer with less throw. At the same or near price point, I still like the name but I'm not thrilled about coming out of pocket that much for less light. I know super bright isnt always the best but for my purposes it didnt blow my skirt up. I would consider the XC1B but its quite pricey and I'm not sure for what I'm going to do that it will be better.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That makes sense. I just wanted to make sure it was on your radar.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hamfisted
posted Hide Post
I've used both the OLight and the Inforce on my guns. The OLight seems to overheat and drop brightness or just turn off after ten minutes or so of use. No such problem with the Inforce lights. Lots of holster options for Inforce equipped pistols too. Not so much for the OLights. The Inforce are made in the USA. The OLights, you guessed it, China. I'll be buying Inforce from now on.

-Mike

Posts: 270 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamfisted:
I've used both the OLight and the Inforce on my guns. The OLight seems to overheat and drop brightness or just turn off after ten minutes or so of use. No such problem with the Inforce lights. Lots of holster options for Inforce equipped pistols too. Not so much for the OLights. The Inforce are made in the USA. The OLights, you guessed it, China. I'll be buying Inforce from now on.

-Mike

What civilian scenario are you in where your weapon is drawn with the light on for 10+ minutes? Just curious.

Overheating was something I never considered for a weapon light because I wouldn't expect it to ever be on longer than a minute or two.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post