SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which one to choose, looking for suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which one to choose, looking for suggestions Login/Join 
posted
I'm about to say goodbye to my sas 229 in 40 S&w. I plan to replace it with either a 320 subcompact or a 239 also in 40 cal. Any ideas pro or con?

Never too old to refuse to become a victim.

Posts: 34 | Location: Fairport Harbor Ohio | Registered: October 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

The P239 is no longer being made, and magazine and parts availability may be an issue, I'd go with the P320.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Welcome to the forum.

The P239 is no longer being made, and magazine and parts availability may be an issue, I'd go with the P320.

This, and I'd keep the 229 and get a 9mm barrel for it.....just because it would make a great range gun or house gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I love my 239. I have to agree with the above post. I also have the 229, why are you letting it go?

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLM69:
I'm about to say goodbye to my sas 229 in 40 S&w.

You'll get more informed advice and opinions if you share thoughts and motivations around why you want a change.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 320 Subcompact is also out of production, so you will have to look for NOS or used. The X Compact may be a good option.
Welcome aboard.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. The 229 grip is a, bit large now for my old arthritic hands, I really like the,40 S&w and it's pretty much the platform for the rest of my collection. I have the opportunity to get either the 239 or the 320, both are in vgc. I'm leaning towards the 239 because of the longer grip, but the 320 has some appeal as well. Can't afford both.

Posts: 34 | Location: Fairport Harbor Ohio | Registered: October 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Then definitely get the P239. All metal and longer grip will help you manage the recoil better than the subcompact lighter P320. The P239 with the Hogue one-piece wrap around grip will be even better for your situation/purpose. Welcome to SF.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd also go with the 239 based on that.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mentioned arthritis...can you still do a DA/SA trigger well?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
239!

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add this parts kit while you're at it:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896215764

And a few extra mags.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/898831387

And you'll be golden.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, lots of good info. Think I'll pull the trigger on the 239, then work on peddling the 229, don't want to be caught short.