SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer Classic P-Series - Serial Number List and associated manufacture/import years/information
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 35

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sig Sauer Classic P-Series - Serial Number List and associated manufacture/import years/information Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I posted last September but they are not on the list, just want to make sure ya get them added when ya can. I might have slipped through the cracks....

P228 B 333-185

P220 G 371-616 ST model

Thanks,
David W.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
David, I need a manufacture year or date proof confirmation to add them please.

I'll get around to updating the list eventually. Smile

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 98z28
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a used P239.

Serial # SA-201**

The mag base plates and grips (which supposedly came with the gun NIB) are stamped 8/95.

If, in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed.
— George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Posts: 1092 | Location: South Mississippi | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a Sig P6 M64611x KK, I don't remember the month but I will post it when I pick my gun back up from my Dad. This one is a Century import, stamped on the slide.

Posts: 233 | Location: PDX, Oregon | Registered: February 08, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
W German p226 9mm.

Serial # U 407 3XX
Stamped KC - 1992
Matching numbers

M

P239 9mm
P239 .40
P226 9mm W. German

Posts: 22 | Registered: September 02, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
P228 KA B 11777x (Made in W. Germany)
P228 KA B 12254x (Swiss police, no "Made in W. Germany" stamp)

P228 KB B 159906 (Swiss Police, no "Made in W Germany" stamp)
P228 KA B 115905 (Swiss Police, no "Made in W Germany" stamp)
P228R (E28R-9-BSS) No date stamp. BU 001010 Box marked 02-NOV-2011

Posts: 785 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Report This Post
Picture of VOLGRAD
posted Hide Post
I just purchased this one locally. Here's the info. Hope it helps your list.

228 Swiss Police Trade
KB = 1991
SN = B 153 XXX
Imported PW Arms Redmond, WA
GERMANY stamped on slide at time of import

Posts: 1786 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: August 28, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mls4506
posted Hide Post
URIAH I think you missed this the first time Wink
quote:
Originally posted by mls4506:
pulled my P6 out of the safe M402346 PW ARMS REDMOND WA 11/78

posted Hide Post
I've found these aswell all P220's
G516xxx Oct 12/2011
G521xxx Feb 18/2011
G5203xx Jan 15 2012
G5218xx 2012

Picture of Makoman
posted Hide Post
M418-635 P225 "Montage Suisse" PW Arms

If you can help me with date of manufacturer it'd be much appreciated. No date code that I can see. The inside of the grip panels are marked '80 but looking at your chart, it would seem that this gun was made in 08/09 of '79? Is there a way to get a more positive ID?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Makoman,

Posts: 206 | Location: Democratik Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia | Registered: January 09, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Makoman:
M418-635 P225 "Montage Suisse" PW Arms

If you can help me with date of manufacturer it'd be much appreciated. No date code that I can see. The inside of the grip panels are marked '80 but looking at your chart, it would seem that this gun was made in 08/09 of '79? Is there a way to get a more positive ID?

That's the beauty of Uriah's efforts. You can pin down your P225 to two months in 1979! That's better than many SIG owners can do.
As a service pistol, it would not have been uncommon for it to have picked up a different set of grips during it's liferime.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Report This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post

It's also quite common for the grip panels to be dated the year before or after the import/manufacture/proof year of the pistol.

Still getting around to updating the list, eventually. Wink

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Makoman
posted Hide Post
Just the same, thanks for the list or none of us would likely know what our year of manufacture is w/o having to contact sig and pay for it.

You wouldn't happen to know what the mainspring weight is on these would you? Same as P6 perhaps? Mag catch is a bear to operate!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Makoman,

Posts: 206 | Location: Democratik Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia | Registered: January 09, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a NIB unfired P226 Serial number U 142 27X. Manifacture date JB(1981) Tyson corner marked Made in W.Germany. Rails have sand cuts. The 2 magazines have marked on the floorplate P226. This gun is in the orginal yellow box with manual and test target. I'm thinking of leaving it unfired if its a very early production gun. Any thoughts? Also own a P6 marked 12/80 derial number M401 72X. Thanks for the board, Best regards JB

Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that the proof code isn't "JG"?

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Udo, I've looked again under a strong magnifying glass and its a deep strike that sure looks like a JB. Could it be a "G"? possible but to my eye it doesn't look so. Any way by telling by the serial number?

Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
If you go to page one of this topic and scroll down to the P226 list, you will see why I am suggesting this possibility.

BTW I'm a JB also!

posted Hide Post
Thanks again, based on the serial number I now believe the B is in fact a deeply struck G. That makes it a 1986 gun. I'm still debating weither to shoot it or not. Also.apparently this gun was made after the the farme cracking problems of the eariler guns. Can anybody confirm?

Picture of reganhouse
posted Hide Post
Hello Udo,

I wasn't sure what should be done about pistols that are sold, but I want to report that I recently sold this one:

395RR-3006-HH-1977-45acp

Can you clarify what is done in that case?

Thanks,

Bob

I can get you a toe

Posts: 167 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: October 06, 2009Report This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
Regan, are you referring to your user-name association with that particular firearm in the list?

If so, any thanks and associated user-names for a given pistol do not necessarily denote ownership. That is obviously the case with a lot of them, but the gratitude is mainly just there referring to those who provided the information.

There are a quite a few listed where the owner or contributor requested to be anonymous.

Any names or serial numbers can certainly be adjusted.

Coffee cup ambush