SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally got a Glock 19 RTF2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got a Glock 19 RTF2 Login/Join 
posted

I ordered the Heinie ledge black rear and fiber optic front sight. I like the texture and feels really good in the hand.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
With the highly sought after fish gills. Congrats. Might get the G43x down the road, but the RTF2 G19 is the only Glock I care about.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
With the highly sought after fish gills. Congrats. Might get the G43x down the road, but the RTF2 G19 is the only Glock I care about.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the 43x. I’m enjoying mine so far, but a 19 FG would make me smile

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's nice. Great condition, too. That grip is awesome on hot, humid summer days.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like them. I used to own all six variations but have sold all but the G19 and the most rare G22c.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the fishgills so I bought a bunch of them at the time. I didn't realize they were rare until just recently. I would have been nicer to them if I knew they were collectable. Who the heck thinks collectable with a glock, its just wrong....

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
What did you pay? Seems like they are $900 to $1000 now.

I have a mint, like new, 50 rds fired one just like yours. I plan on keeping it forever.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
What did you pay? Seems like they are $900 to $1000 now.

I have a mint, like new, 50 rds fired one just like yours. I plan on keeping it forever.

Keep it bubba. $800. the last one i saw went for $1500

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
is it the gills that make the price go up ? I have the standard one. nice btw Smile

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
is it the gills that make the price go up ? I have the standard one. nice btw Smile

As 1s1k said thee is six different models with fish gills. 17 19 22 23 22c 23c. 17 are the easiest to find. The 19 is the third hardest to find.

posted Hide Post
I have like 5 of these 19's are they really going for like $1500? I had no idea....

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I have like 5 of these 19's are they really going for like $1500? I had no idea....

no I think they are like 250 to 300 wanna sell me one? Wink

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score. I have one but wouldn’t mind another if I ever come across one.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Nice find. Glock did make plenty of them; when they first came out they were fairly easy to come across, but it being the G19 they sold faster than any of the other gill models by far. Glock ran out of the slides fairly quickly which lead to the later RTF2 G19s with the conventional slide serrations, done to (quickly) meet demand. Lazy move, but that's Glock for you.

I never did buy the gill G19 when they were new; at the time I thought that I'd have plenty of opportunity but little did I realize how quickly they would disappear. I wound up buying a gill G17 to placate and it's been a good shooter, but it wasn't the size that I really wanted. I still have it though and I don't think that I'll part with it anytime soon.

I did pick up the later standard serration G19 a couple of years ago and I did like it better than the more recent Vickers RTF2 reboot (slightly tackier texture pyramids, like my gill G17's) but in short order sold it off to an avid collector friend who simply wanted it far more than I did.

The gill G19 is still kind of the one I would have if I ever come across one at a reasonable price. Over recent years I've passed on a few due to condition or inane pricing, although in truth I've come to like the RTF2 texture less over the years. It's still the best factory Glock texture in my book. But for me it's not as good for me as some of the better aftermarket stipple work available, and boy does it ever snag clothing and rub skin raw.

Plus paying anywhere close to four figures or above for any Glock other than the extremely rare Gen1 G19 (only 16 to 27 made in total; the "actual" quantity is dependent on who you talk to) or a G18 Big Grin is ludicrous even for this Glockhead.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

Plus paying anywhere close to four figures or above for any Glock other than the extremely rare Gen1 G19 (only 16 to 27 made in total; the "actual" quantity is dependent on who you talk to) or a G18 Big Grin is ludicrous even for this Glockhead.

Gen1 G19 is going to be more like 5 figures. Crazy I know but with so many Glock fans the rare models really hold their value. I sold my 23C for $2400 a few months ago and my 22C is way more rare.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive got a 23 rtf2 w gills. Great guns and the finish is better than current production.

Posts: 272 | Registered: April 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of the Vickers G19s that are RTF2, they're my favorite Glocks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post