SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320X carry not firing all the time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320X carry not firing all the time Login/Join 
posted
How many guys are having this problem I've shot 1100 rounds out of it and had 5-6 not fire. Most of them have been just lately, looks like it's not going to battery. The primer strikes are towards the outside of the primer not the center. I love this pistol and have been carrying it but I'm worried about the failures to fire. The Glock 19 may be coming back out.
224TH

Posts: 67 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Call SIG, get a return tag, have them fix it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend had the same problem. Returned it to Sig, and they popped a new barrel in it. Runs fine now.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Have you tried dropping it? Big Grin

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
One of my 320s did that till I cleaned it real good, talking full strip. After that has been fine 500 rounds good. Sig CS has been real good when it comes to 320s, my guns were there and back in no time for the safety upgrade. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Does this gun have the new components or has it gone through the voluntary upgrade program? If not, that's the first step.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's clean and when dry fired if you pull the trigger again it doesn't click think that is the updated trigger it has a straight trigger.
224TH

Posts: 67 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
224th - best bet is to call Sig and let them evaluate it. Just because there's no "false reset" in the trigger does NOT mean it has all the upgraded components from the "voluntary upgrade" program.

Posts: 105 | Registered: February 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes it's going back next week. They said if they can't make it do it they can't fix it.And said that it only happens 1% of the time so that's not bad.I said unless that 1% is when your life depends on it. Hope it comes back fixed or it going down the road.
224TH

Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Have you tried dropping it? Big Grin

LOL

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My upgraded 320 failed to go into battery pretty much every time because it seemed the striker spring and area in the slide was so rough, it was preventing the slide from completing cycle. It was enough to stop the slide cold out of battery. The striker spring was so strong I could knock it out of battery with just a slight shake.

Polish the striker tube and striker spring until they shine.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got grease?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Have you pulled out the striker assembly and made sure it's not gummed up? The only problem I've ever had with my 320 was done intermittent light strikes. Turns out some crud and solvent had built up in the striker channnel and gummed up the works. I cleaned it and it's been good to go ever since.

Sig does say in the manual not to get solvent into the striker channel. I tried to be careful when cleaning it, but it's pretty much impossible to not have anything get in there. Over several thousand rounds, crud built up. I now pull the striker assembly out and clean it after every 500 rounds or so.

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pulled it out and it wasn't bad and looked smooth and slick. The bushing in the slide wouldn't come out. I'm going to the range tomorrow it is clean and ready to go I'll put 500 rounds though it and if it works ok if not back to Sig just like it is after the range session.
224TH

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 224TH:
How many guys are having this problem I've shot 1100 rounds out of it and had 5-6 not fire. Most of them have been just lately, looks like it's not going to battery. The primer strikes are towards the outside of the primer not the center. I love this pistol and have been carrying it but I'm worried about the failures to fire. The Glock 19 may be coming back out.
224TH
I just experienced the same problem today with a P320 range rental pistol.
Failed to fire and firing pin strike was at the edge of the primer???

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Sounds like slide is not going all the way into battery to me.

Time for a good cleaning (including the barrel chamber) and lube and maybe replace the recoil spring.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not trying to divert your thread, but had the identical issue with my P365 recently and sent back to Sig for repars. They replaced the firing pin and striker. Ran the first 100 rds. at the range yesterday and had one fail to fire........still testing.....

My 320X Carry has been flawless for about 500 rds. since bought new. I agree that sending it back to Sig for evaluation and repair is the best route.

Posts: 174 | Location: Hills of Appalachia | Registered: June 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post