SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    High Noon Holsters fee common?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Noon Holsters fee common? Login/Join 
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted
I ordered a High Noon Holster for my LC9 with a Crimson Trace Laser. The holster was too big, the pistol too deep, and it would require a fumbling two-handed draw to get it into action. Advantage predator. They said they sent me the right holster and that I would have to pay a 10% restocking fee as part of a refund. Is it an industry business practice to charge a customer a restocking fee for an ill-fitting holster?

Port Orchard, WA

Posts: 170 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Question is, did they send you the correct holster for the model? If they did, then restocking fee is not unreasonable. If they didn't, then the fee is BS.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
I was surprised at the restocking fee. The packaging label/description and invoice were exactly correct to the model. They insisted that the holster was the correct model even after I sent a picture showing there was no room for my normal sized fingers to wrap around the grip. If I want a refund I have to pay a restocking fee. Had I purchased it live instead of online, I would have seen the critical deficiency immediately and passed it by. I think that’s lesson here.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Question is, did they send you the correct holster for the model? If they did, then restocking fee is not unreasonable. If they didn't, then the fee is BS.

Port Orchard, WA

posted Hide Post
In their Customer Satisfaction Program section of their website, it clearly states that there will be a 10% restocking fee for any returned merchandise. It should be no surprise.

Posts: 24 | Location: NW Chicago Suburb | Registered: September 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigsecondsflat:
In their Customer Satisfaction Program section of their website, it clearly states that there will be a 10% restocking fee for any returned merchandise. It should be no surprise.

Yeah, but as a customer I would like to think that would only apply if I just decided to return the holster, not if the holster wasn’t made correctly.

I shouldn’t have to pay 10% because they screwed up. And they shouldn’t rightly “restock” it anyway because clearly it doesn’t fit the gun it’s supposed to.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
That puts all the risk on the customer. That marketing philosophy is not an industry standard.

If a company sends you a holster that is advertised and labeled to fit a specific pistol, but it doesn’t fit, then they insist that they sent you the right holster, you’re stuck with a vendor who does not believe you despite your experience with holsters and your desire to interact in good faith.

The risk of mail ordering a product with a mandatory restocking fee plus postage in effect can become an additional and unexpected cost for the customer.

Who wants to pay significant money for a holster that does not achieve personal tort responsibilities or instill the confidence necessary for the safe carrying, retention and ease of drawing a defensive sidearm with control and safety in a stressful situation?

Having to pay postage and a restocking fee for an ill-fitting product creates an unnecessary unpleasantry that blunts the joy of a good purchase, generates additional cost, creates a time and money inconvenience and ultimately discourages future consideration of the vendor.

quote:
Originally posted by sigsecondsflat:

Port Orchard, WA

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You are 100% correct.

You may have recourse to obtain a full refund if you used a credit card.

Check with your card provider/bank and see if they can assist.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Was this one of their recent 'clearance sale' holsters by any chance?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I ordered a fairly pricy small pack from a company that (as it turned out) made everything to order. When I didn’t like it and asked how to return it, the response was, “Sorry, no returns.” I checked their site and sure enough, there it was or I would have disputed the charge with my CC company.

(I put the pack out at a family “white elephant” gift exchange and a great nephew glommed onto it like an X on a Y’s private text messages and gave the Evil Eye to anyone else who even glanced in his direction to exercise the, “Oh, I’ll take that,” option of the event. It didn’t go to waste, but it was a good reminder about reading the fine print.)

On the other hand, an improperly-fitting holster is a safety issue. They have been implicated in many accidents, and IIRC we had such an unintentional discharge incident reported here in the last year or so. Product returns suck for vendors, but any holster maker who doesn’t understand their responsibilities should learn a little about product liability.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"12. Terms of Sale
TERMS OF SALE — All High Noon products are sold as is and "with all faults". The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the product is with the buyer. Should the product prove defective following its purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer assumes the entire risk of all necessary servicing or repairs. Under no circumstances shall High Noon be liable for incidental or consequential damages, such as loss of use of property, commercial loss and loss of earnings or profits. The implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and all other warranties, expressed or implied, are excluded from this transaction and shall not apply to the product sold. The determination of the fitness or the suitability of any product for a specific use is the responsibility of the buyer. High Noon reserves the right to make changes in products built and or sold by them at any time without incurring any obligation to make same or similar changes on products previously built and or sold by them. All High Noon products are made in the U.S.A. and produced according to rigid specifications. Prices and models are subject to change without notice.
High Noon Holsters® designs, features and model names are the exclusive property of High Noon Holsters® {a registered trademark}. Any and all persons including, but not limited to, individuals, firms and or corporations are forbidden from imitating, copying or reproducing them in any way.
You must acknowledge and realize that this disclaimer is a condition of the sale of the High Noon product involved.

Holsters
We value your business and respect your purchase of a high quality, best in the industry, High Noon Holster. We also understand that when investing in a holster, once received and fitted, the holster might not be the exact holster you are looking for. Because we understand that purchasing a holster is just as important as the handgun you choose, we want to make sure that the fitment of your handgun in your new High Noon Holster is perfect.
Please make note that we have a 14 day return policy from the date of receipt. Once you receive your new holster, over the next 14 days please ensure that your handgun fits properly. If you have questions or concerns, please call 727-939-2701 and we will work with you to ensure proper fitment of your new holster. Just remember that you have 14 days to try out your new holster before the guaranteed return policy expires.
If you wish to return your holsters, please call us at 727-939-2701 and request a RA (Return Authorization) number. The holster must be in new condition and a 10% restocking fee will be assessed. Returns must be in a box to protect the holster and the original invoice must accompany the holster (please keep a copy of the original for your records). Please return using USPS (United States Postal Service) and please do not request a signature. We only do returns and new orders (not exchanges). Mail to:

High Noon Holsters
PO Box 1923
Tarpon Springs, FL 34688

Approved refunds will be processed within 10 business days, once the item is received or as soon thereafter as practicable. Approved refunds will cover purchase price only (less the 10% restocking fee). Shipping costs are not refundable. "

The terms of sale and returns are spelled out very clearly.

IMHO, 10% as a restocking fee is entirely reasonable, and should come as no surprise to the buyer.
I have two High Noon holsters and they are excellent.

I'd have no compunction whatsoever about ordering from them, and accepting a 10% restocking fee, if the product's features didn't fit my needs.

OH, and product liability has WAY overstepped its legitimate value in our litigious Tyranny of Lawyerism. Smile

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
OH, and product liability has WAY overstepped its legitimate value in our litigious Tyranny of Lawyerism.

Some people agree, some don’t.
In any event, agree or don’t, it’s a fact of American life that’s unaffected by the opinions of people like you and me.

It is also a fact, based on my knowledge and experience, that disclaimers of the “We’re not responsible for anything bad that happens with our products” sort are there for the sole purpose of discouraging the ignorant from making claims. If all it took was such a disclaimer to absolve companies of their legal liabilities, no one would be able to sue gun manufacturers, for example, for their misuse or dangerous malfunctions.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
No.

quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Was this one of their recent 'clearance sale' holsters by any chance?

Port Orchard, WA

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
It’s smart business to write a disclaimer such as the one posted above. Pretty much every vendor has similar language. But on the rare occasion that I’ve got a product that was made improperly I’ve never had a vendor actually enforce the language. Every time I’ve been offered an apology and a replacement at no cost to me.

If High Noon holsters actually enforces the “you may not get what you ordered but we don’t give a shit” language then I’ll make sure to never order anything from them, and make sure to recommend my friends stay away from them.

Like I said if I just decide to return a perfectly good product then I expect to pay a fee, especially a custom one. But if they screw up then they should own that, regardless of the T’s and C’s.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Hey OP, do you have a picture of the holster with a gun in it?