SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another Grail Gun for my Single Stack 9 Obsession
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Grail Gun for my Single Stack 9 Obsession Login/Join 
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted
My new Beretta Model 1951 (M1951). The father of the Beretta 92. Been wanting one in good condition and this one was claimed to be NIB. After cleaning and inspection, it's hard to argue that it's not. Date Code AB (1976). Imported by Berben Corporation, NY, NY.

Gives my 92SB Compact Type-M (Single Stack) a run for my favorite Beretta.

Really pleased! Cool

Edit: Typo
Edit 06/03/2020: moved pics to new host

This message has been edited. Last edited by: italia,

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Really nice single stack. Where in TN?

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gives my 92SB Compact Type-M (Single Stack) a run for my favorite

Wow! I don't know much about those, except that I'll probably never see another like it...I agree that it appears unused and likely NIB. The perfect unscuffed grip screws, perfect grips, lack of trigger scuffs, and lack of locking block and barrel rail wear leads me to that. Thanks for sharing the pics, and congrats on securing a grail gun for yourself...the grail ones should be hard to come by, and I bet that one was!

ETA: I'm guessing it came with one mag? And is it aluminum or steel framed?

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, sweet pistol! congratss!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

just about as fine of an example I've ever seen.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that is an awesome 1951...I have a passion when it comes to Berettas..1st and foremost is Beretta because of the history... 2nd This is a great example of perfection...The 92 is so similar to the 1951 it is just awesome....

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Really nice find. Congratulations!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
very nice! My SOT has one with serial number 00001 on it. Total luck of the draw though (its a CAI import, not an original Berben like yours and nowhere near as nice)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sweet little gun. Thanks for posting.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is sweet! Guess I know what's next on my Beretta wish list.
Nice score.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Mint, classic Beretta. A beauty.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That is very cool! Glad you found her.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I never knew such a pistol existed.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful firearm. What is the significance of it being a Berben Import? Does that just mean, it's not a police trade in? I have a beautiful 92S Berben import, just trying to learn a bit more on how these came into the US. Congrats on the nice pick up!

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new pistol. Has your single stack 9mm obsession led you to a Walther P5? To my eyes, it's the most bad ass looking pistol in that category.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Time capsule right there!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
That's fantastic! Very nice find! Thanks for sharing pics of that beauty Smile

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by black1970:
Really nice single stack. Where in TN?

Thanks. I actually bought it from a dealer out of state.

quote:
Originally posted by ether:
Wow! I don't know much about those, except that I'll probably never see another like it...I agree that it appears unused and likely NIB. The perfect unscuffed grip screws, perfect grips, lack of trigger scuffs, and lack of locking block and barrel rail wear leads me to that. Thanks for sharing the pics, and congrats on securing a grail gun for yourself...the grail ones should be hard to come by, and I bet that one was!

ETA: I'm guessing it came with one mag? And is it aluminum or steel framed?

Thanks. Yeah, it was harder to come by than some others that seem to be more well-known. Came with one mag, so I’ll try to find others – I’m sure they’ll be pricey. It is steel-framed – there is a pretty good Wiki article on it detailing its history as an Italian Armed Forces weapon. The article also describes the M951R which was a 10-round select-fire automatic version with a longer grip and a 1000 rounds/minute firing rate. Now that would be a REAL grail gun!

Wiki Article: Beretta M1951 Wiki

quote:
Originally posted by brianfede:
Beautiful firearm. What is the significance of it being a Berben Import? Does that just mean, it's not a police trade in? I have a beautiful 92S Berben import, just trying to learn a bit more on how these came into the US. Congrats on the nice pick up!

Thanks. Regarding Berben, it appears they were a USA importer exclusively for Beretta (handguns and long guns). Information seems to indicate that the NYC address below was actually that of a law firm; probably the law firm that registered their incorporation.

Berben Corporation
41 Park Row
New York, New York 10038

NYS Entity Status: INACTIVE - Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Mar 25, 1992)

NYS Filing Date: FEBRUARY 20, 1952

NYS DOS ID# 83482

County: NEW YORK

Jurisdiction: NEW YORK

Registered Agent: NONE

NYS Entity Type: DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION

Name History: 1952 - BERBEN CORPORATION

quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats on your new pistol. Has your single stack 9mm obsession led you to a Walther P5? To my eyes, it's the most bad ass looking pistol in that category.

Thanks! Yes, I have a pretty nice P5. It really is a great looking gun. And my daughter’s favorite of mine to shoot. I also have a NIB Walther P1. My wish list still has on it a P5 Compact and P38-K, though those two have shot up in value over the past few years, so I don’t know if I’ll find either in the condition I want that I can afford. So many great Single Stack 9's ... not enough $$$$.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Awesome congrats. I just found out that Berben stands for Beretta-Benelli.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post