SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For those that are vintage Colt and Smith Revolver fans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those that are vintage Colt and Smith Revolver fans Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
Saw these at a local shop today. Not really something I would be interested in but I know there are a number of fans here so thought I'd share. 4" Python, 4" Diamondback, and a 2.5" 66-2 Smith. The tag on the Smith said no box and was priced at $799. If anyone is interested they are at Public Pawn & Arms in Hollywood. Nothing in it for me, just thought I'd share.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Dtech, do you remember if the 4" Stainless Diamondback was a .38 or .22 cal?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
makes me drool.

It's like shopping for guns in 1979 if you ignore the lower shelf.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Diamondback is a .38 Special.

Just wanted to add that I certainly appreciate them for what they are, just not something I would be looking to buy at the moment. Not sure about the Colts, but they told me the Smith had just come in to them the day before.

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBatFan
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure the Diamondback was never produced in stainless. Could be Colt guard finish , nickel or replated.

Posts: 171 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
My bad, it was a casual guess, not knowing the history and specifics of the Diamondback. It does look a bit brighter than the Python in the photo, so it would definitely be the nickel finish. I did not look at either one up closely so they could very well both be nickel, although I do know the Python was made in stainless as well as nickel.

-Dtech

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
Diamondback is a .38 Special.

Thanks. I owned and sold my nickel finished 4" .22 Diamondback years ago. Even at the time it was mint when I bought it and paid $2300. I only shot it once and sold it for the same. They were silly $$ even then, like 10yrs ago. It was more of a revolver for somebody's collection, not really for a shooter. I liked shooting my Ruger .22 for accuracy and durability.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
You're welcome just1tym. Those are beautiful!

My brother had a really nice 6" blued Python with a trigger job that was amazing and it was an impressive shooter too, back in the late 80's, but he ended up selling it after having it for only a couple of years. It actually brings back fond memories whenever I see a Python because it was the first .357 Magnum I ever fired along with my brother, Dad, and one of my grandfathers, and it was quite the experience. I agree that something like the ones pictured (4" or 6") would make a nice, nostalgic collector piece, but for more frequent range use and revolvers in general, I'm still more of a Ruger fan than a Colt or Smith revolver fan though. A 4" stainless GP100 is still my all around favorite revolver.

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
I recently bought a 66-2 2.5" at the same price $799.00 on GB, just had to have a revolver to handle & shoot, not a safe queen. Those Colts look enticing...just for kicks do you know how much they were asking? Actually I can make out the $2499.00 on the Python, just cant make out the D Back price...yeah expensive.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Yeah, looks like the tag on the Python says $2499 and the Diamondback $2300. Not sure whether or not they are negotiable on those guns but they do have a website and you can get their contact information and ask. I'm pretty sure they would entertain a transfer if you live out of state.

http://www.publicpawnandarms.com/

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have to restrain myself when looking on GB, "just window shopping"....the older guns they just don't make them like that anymore.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post