SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New-ish to SIGs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New-ish to SIGs Login/Join 
posted
Hey, all.
I just joined this site but have appreciated it for a while, now. Especially those who have posted on this particular topic (SIGs). I’ve learned a few things -always good.

Yesterday, acquired an early P229 (.40 S&W).
Much of what I know about this model, I learned from you folks.
So, thank you!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard. Resistance is futile. You will assimilate and buy more Sigs. And maybe a Glock.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hi, Bill. Drop by McBride's once in a while - you never know what kind of neat stuff will pop up in their used guns counter.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Welcome! This place is a wealth of knowledge but a drain on your wallet.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
I can say that after all the Sigs I've owned, I have never, ever had one jam or hang up on me. I just saw an early P229 in .40 with 2 boxes fired for 500, and am finding it hard to resist...

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

I also acquired an early P229 DA/SA .40...in 1995. Great gun, bought it new. I have over 47,000 rounds through it. It's a carry gun and has been a steadfast friend for the past 23 years.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. Now all you'll need is a P220, just because it is a P220. Wink

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Bill in Texas! I too followed the forum before I got brave enough to join. You learn a lot here and yes it can get expensive. There are many pistols this forum inspired me to purchase yet I have no regrets but satisfaction.
And yes, Il Cativo is right, drop in at McBrides! When in Austini always do and I come out with something new, or new to me.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum, Bill-in-Texas.

Congratulations on you purchase.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a .357 Sig barrel for it. Two calibers with just a barrel swap.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. P229 is a great choice.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SF, Bill.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

Yes, I too love McBride’s. Mr. McBride personally approved a great deal on a Great Western Arms not long ago... I have enjoyed going in since moving back to Texas 29 years ago.

My G-21 was my daily-carry when I was a LEO. (My BUG was oftentimes a W. German P230, btw... it’s gone now, but I do have a bi-tone P232SL, now.)

I’m a longtime weapons fan... just new to owning a larger-than-P230 Sig!
Can’t wait to feed it some fortys and let ‘em fly!

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post