SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just Put Hogue G10 Grips On My P220ST (NOW EXTRA ADDED PICTURE :))
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Put Hogue G10 Grips On My P220ST (NOW EXTRA ADDED PICTURE :)) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Wow, I should have done this years ago. I have found that I really like G10 on my pistols that will take them and decided to throw a set on my old P220ST. Totally transforms the feel and look.

The Hogues fit perfectly but if I'm honest I think they are a little too proud of their grips.......says the guy who paid the price of entry anyway.

Anyway I gotta say my other SIGs might be getting some new G10s in the future as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice, but where are the pics? Wink

Here is my 220ST which I recently put Rosewood grips on. I think it looks 100% better with the Rosewood grips.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I just put a pair on my P220 Carry SAO. Yes, much much better than P220 plastic grips. I just wish they weren't so expensive. Man they feel great though. Carry much better than E2 grips as I find the E2 grips great for shooting but they will wear a hole through you during carry.

The G10 grips are great.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I really like (and always have liked) the look of rosewood grips. It is a beautiful wood. On a 1911, they work for me. I even made a set of rosewood grips for my Lou Ciamillo 1911 back in 1979, but with smaller than average hands, the stock rosewoods make the P220 too big for me. For a P220, I prefer Hogue G10's or aluminum's, checkered.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I must say that I really like the checkered Hogue G10's that I put on my P239.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I put G-10 piranhas on my West German P226 and I lov them. Way better traction than anything Sig put on them originally.

I Will put them on any P series I own.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Don't feel too bad, I once put a set of checkered aluminum grips on my old P220.

Then I had to have some on the other P220s, a P229, then a P226, later a P228, Desert Eagle...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, this thread rally sucks. All talking and with one pic, and it's not from the OP. Mad

Q

Posts: 26378 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Been down with a cold. Will post a pic when I can. Smile.

Will probably throw a set on my P229 next.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Pic added as requested. Have another set coming for the P229. Frown I have no willpower

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Man, this thread rally sucks. All talking and with one pic, and it's not from the OP. Mad

Ha ha! Picture shaming a man who was down with a cold Wink

Those grips are very nice and make your 220 look sexy cslinger!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you buy grips and trigger in the classifieds before you have a pistol for it and then pistol just gets posted when the grips and trigger arrive.

You've become one with the classifieds Cool

All my Sigs are P series and have G10s.

Thanks for giving me a reason to post this pic. Cheesy as it is for a phone pic.

-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Well, when you get all pushy like that, all you'll get is a crappy cell phone snap. Smile I don't have the skills or equipment that some of our members do for photography.

G10 checkered on the left, aluminum checkered on the right. I cannot feel any difference between the two, and both are perfect for my grip.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post