SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Used gun never registered warranty with Sig. Can I?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used gun never registered warranty with Sig. Can I? Login/Join 
posted
And if so, will I be able to register for their on-going promotion right now for free mags?

Just looking for personal experiences or opinions - don't expect any legal advice so feel free to comment.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
How do you know that the gun wasn't registered?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All original materials in the box; first owner used for a week and traded in; said never registered.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have registered quite a few used Sigs on the factory site. I do it so I can be notified if Sig decides to recall that model or serial number range.
Hasn't happened yet.
Don't know if you can score any freebies by registering though.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 2015, I registered my P320C 9mm on-line. Still have registration card in box.

At the time, if you registered on-line you could get 20% discounts on good stuff at the SigStore. That's how I got my P320FS .40 X-Change kit for $240. List was $299 back then.

Given the history of your P320, I wouldn't feel guilty about registering it. It's not like a two-year old gun with 10K rounds through it. Other than registration, I don't know how Sig would track original owner versus subsequent.

Can still register on-line, but no discounts anymore.

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/warranty/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually right. now they have an offer for mags and a bag.