SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    which 226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which 226 Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
Guys,
I have about 30,000 rounds of quality 9mm.I need to shoot a bunch,as i am retired now,and the 9mm is to cheap to sell.

I have some 9mm guns,glocks,hk,but i have always had a steel 226 until a few years ago.
I want to get a 226,and want a heavy frame to dampen recoil.

Which 226 guys,a sse all stainless,the 226 elite with srt.

I like the 226 sao all steel gun.Thanks for advice

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
Guys,
I have about 30,000 rounds of quality 9mm.I need to shoot a bunch,as i am retired now,and the 9mm is to cheap to sell.

I have some 9mm guns,glocks,hk,but i have always had a steel 226 until a few years ago.

Which 226 guys,a sse all stainless,the 226 elite with srt.

I like the 226 sao all steel gun.Thanks for advice

I have a legion p226 and enjoy shooting it, and a stainless p229 in .40 (it’s heavy) you can’t go wrong with any of your options, it is just what you like.. congrats on retiring...

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I think the 226 tacops is a fantastic option. Gotta love the 20 round mag option.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Personally I think the 226 tacops is a fantastic option. Gotta love the 20 round mag option.

Or just use https://www.topgunsupply.com/m...rd-magazine-afc.html
In any P226...

OP, if you want as heavy as possible, go all stainless. But frankly, the P226 even with the alum. alloy frame will be plenty heavy. You can add the SRT to any of them. So really just decide what frame you want.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:

Well, then get the all stainless one. Everything else equal, the all stainless one will always win in the recoil department.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MK25

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I really like the sao legion.

Can i ask if the srt trigger and sao legion trigger are close enough to not be the determing factor.

I hate asking questions,but the more i learn from you guys who have these guns,the easier it will be for me to get what i want and be happy with purchase

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SRT trigger is still DA/SA, so totally different than the Legion SAO. However, the Legion DA/SA model will have the SRT mod plus the Grayguns PSAIT trigger and be the best DA/SA trigger of them all. I'm sure the Legion SAO is also outstanding.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
The 9mm P226 hardly has any recoil to begin with. Just buy the 226 of your choice.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want all steel ? Then the 226SSE is what you seek .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I've had a DA/SA P226 for over 10 years. Recoil is hardly noticeable, it's totally reliable & it's always been a favorite.

Then early this Summer I got a SAO Legion 226 & I haven't carried another one of my usual etc guns since. It's that good.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
So it's a P226, eh? I certainly can't begin to speak for you but if I were in your place and situation I'd splurge and find myself a well-cared for, shooter-quality X-Five in SAO and full steel, and proceed to shoot the living daylights out of it. That you-only-live once mantra/thingy, and face it, we're definitely NOT getting any younger. So that's what I'd do; to me everything else P226-wise is comparatively run-of-the-mill. 30k rounds lighting off would never be sweeter this side of a MP5 or SP89. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am partial to the tacops. With that much ammo, get a tacops. You can load those 20-round mags and go to town.

Posts: 83 | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post