SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Glock slide is 'mis-slided' and I don't know how to fix it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Glock slide is 'mis-slided' and I don't know how to fix it Login/Join 
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted
So this happened after I cleaned the 45 today. I've tried the normal method of getting the slide off but it won't cock so the trigger won't engage the slide. Do I need an armorer or is there an easy fix?

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 12131:
Just found that one by accident! Our YouTube foo is strong!

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to ask..... How did that happen?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

If you put the slide on too quickly and at a slightly upward angle, it can happen. I've never done it this bad but have had the rear rails hit the bottom grooves of the slide.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I just tried it with my Gen 4 G19. Not enough "slack" to make it happen. Which is good, since I could probably do it if I was not paying attention.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe I had a little help from not putting the spring on the bottom of the barrel. So, instead of just seating correctly when I racked it I believe it had a little help with a little rise. Oh well, lesson learned and thank god for YouTube and Q's YouTube-foo.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks! I just tried it with my Gen 4 G19. Not enough "slack" to make it happen. Which is good, since I could probably do it if I was not paying attention.

I have seen it happen on Gen 4 Glocks.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post