SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally Shot a P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally Shot a P365 Login/Join 
posted
I went to the range today with my EDC which is a Kimber Micro 9. However, I rolled the dice and went inside and asked if they had a P365 in their rental collection and they said yes! First impression just holding it felt really good in my hand. I took it out on the range and before the session was over I had run 150 rounds through it without even the slightest hiccup. Not bad considering its a rental and I'm guessing in demand and therefore probably not babied. I was consistently shooting a bit left. If this were mine I would adjust the sights after being certain its not bad form. After I finished the last shots I pulled out my Kimber and emptied the last mag I had. Now it wasn't the same ammo so it might not be a fair comparison. The range issued me 124gr Aguila RN. My carry ammo is Winchester Defend 147gr JHP. That being said, the Sig had less felt recoil than my tried and true Kimber which in a SHTF situation could be the difference in a happy ending or, well.... I'm still wary about some of the issues we hear about, so seeing as how I can't buy one yet anyhow its just as well. My real reason for even wanting to check it out is the fact it has no safety and frankly I worry about not releasing it on my baby 1911 under stress. The other thing is as far as I can tell, despite a judges ruling, the law in NYS is still no more than 7 rounds in a mag so that defeats the big draw (get it?!!) for so many people.

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 is a package smaller than some snub-nose revolvers, works really well out of a packet, and mine have been very reliable at the range thus far.

I haven't shot it yet, but picked up some of the new Sig 365 v-crown ammunition this afternoon. It just came out, but a local shop had a stack of it, so I grabbed some. Low-power stuff; not screaming down the range, not heavy bullets, and not that much muzzle energy, but made specifically for the P365. I'll see how it does. thus far the P365 has proven easy to shoot, 100% reliable, and I've been impressed. We'll see how it holds up.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post