SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Want a New Pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want a New Pistol Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
I've been thinking about a new pistol, but it's not a Sig. I have a WGP226,WGP228, P220ST, P220C, P229R,SP2022, P238, 1911 Extreme and a P226 Legion.

Question:
Which one would you choose?

Choices:
Glock G45
HK VP9SK

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Glock fan so I voted VP9SK. It's a nice little pistol and should serve you well if you were to buy one.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Is this going to be for concealed carry, range toy, duty, ...?

(My personal preference for any of the above would be the Glock.)

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Easy: Glock 45.

But I'd take an HK P30sk LEM long before the VP9sk.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I just bought a VP9SK, it’s a very nice pistol. I bought the LE model with 3 mags and night sights.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
The plan is for 1st Concealed carry and 2nd Range toy.
I handled a VP9SK and liked the way it felt and it had a nice trigger for a striker. The G45 should be available for me by Friday and they said it was basically a G19 with cosmetic changes (longer flared grip and forward serrations).

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I just bought a VP9SK, it’s a very nice pistol. I bought the LE model with 3 mags and night sights.

I can get the "luminescent" sight with 2 mags for under $500 OTD and the shop said they'd give me another mag. The only catch is it has to be OD, FDE or Grey.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
do you have any issues with concealing the larger gun? I would personally buy both.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I can conceal carry my P226 Legion or the 1911 Extreme so I don't think either will be an issue.

posted Hide Post
I have Glocks; 22, 23, 19s, 30S.also, I have the HK VP9 and the VP9sk. The SK is by far better than the VP9 and the VP9 is better than any Glock I have, and most of my Glocks, except for the gen5 19, have totally different guts and barrels..Opinion: pick the SK!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input- I ended up with the Black VP9SK. It was $400 OTD making it almost impossible to pass up.

posted Hide Post
For me Hk all day every day. But I'm an hk fanboySmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak: I ended up with the Black VP9SK. It was $400 OTD making it almost impossible to pass up.

Smoking deal? Was it used?

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I know the owner of the shop. He said a guy bought it, left, and 30 minutes later was calling asking about returning it. Most likely an angry wife return- absolutely no wear on barrel or slide. Condition 10/10

posted Hide Post
if you want to get creative and add a bunch of stuff to personalize it = glock

other than that
the hk

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy choice for the VP9SK. I have the SK and the full size and love them both.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:

I can get the "luminescent" sight with 2 mags for under $500 OTD and the shop said they'd give me another mag. The only catch is it has to be OD, FDE or Grey.

I have a grey VP9. It’s really an attractive pistol. It grows on you too.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
It feels great in my hands and has a nice trigger for a striker.

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
Thanks for all the input- I ended up with the Black VP9SK. It was $400 OTD making it almost impossible to pass up.

Nice choice!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post