SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a new CZ - Edit, looked like used and doesn't work.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a new CZ - Edit, looked like used and doesn't work. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I do believe that the UMC is all or at the very least a big part of the problem. It is notorious for being underpowered.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not going into battery...chamber might be a bit tight...could have junk under the extractor.

My 75b had similar hiccups during the first 500 rounds. After that it shot flawlessly for another 30k or so.

The guns are hand fit...sometimes you have to shoot them to break them in. I don’t believe in break in for modern guns like a current sig or glock that have high precision cnc mim or polymer parts. CZ’s however are fit tight by hand. What would be unacceptable on a p226 during the first 500-1000 rounds is the norm for cz.

Change the ammo...try shooting some really hot stuff through it like underwood or even fiochi. Or since it’s a defensive ccw gun find a deal on some bulk +p JHP like Speer gold dots or Winchester rangers.

Shoot it until the rails are polished to a nice shine. If all else fails CZ has excellent customer service, but nothing you have described so far is out of the norm. It’s not ideal, but it’s also quite common given the tight tolerances and manufacturing processes CZ uses.

Remington ammo is garbage.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
This is for the OP.

Have you posted any of this on one of the large CZ forums? I’m curious what they would say.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
This is for the OP.

Have you posted any of this on one of the large CZ forums? I’m curious what they would say.

Yes I did. Got 50/50 replies. Half said they'd be pissed and theirs with x thousand rounds through them look better. The other half said they all look like that and just go shoot/enjoy it. Besides the whole not working thing, not sure if I should be pissed or accept that's what they all look like.

I had resigned myself to if it shoots, wear is internal and the outside looks perfect so who cares. Now with it not going into battery I've got yet another choice, try to shoot it til it's 'broken in'or send it back now.

Damn, I've always had such good luck with guns, this is so very disappointing, especially giving how much I like the looks and feel. At least it's super accurate...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So I've tried it out three times now with 400+ rounds and three cleanings. It has not 'broken in' yet. Been tested with Federal, GECO, Brazer Brass, MagTech, and UMC. Same results. Dropped a few random rounds and snap caps in there chamber is not too tight, if anything it's actually looser than I'd expected.

Just dropped it off at FedEx for a trip to CZ USA, hopefully they will get it fixed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Are you using 115grn bullets?

If so try 124s or even 147s.

UMC is notoriously weak ammo.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4579 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ij ust sold my CZ RAMI BD yesterday to a nice fellow who looks to give it some attention as mine had become a safe queen, albeit after maybe 1k rounds. Mine was dead nuts reliable, never a single FTF and I WORKED it early on. I also shot it very well.

Fit and finish were pretty good, but not on the inside of the gun, but I expected that. But in the end, as a double-stack it was just too "fat" for carry, and I went with a Springfield EMP.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Are you using 115grn bullets?

If so try 124s or even 147s.

UMC is notoriously weak ammo.

Bob

Only the UMC was 115, the other types were all 124gr. Tried five different brands of ammo, always the same result. Towards end of mag with 1-3 rounds left on 10 & 14 rounders it wouldn't go into battery.

It would extract round, strip next one, and mostly chamber it, stopping about 3/8" short. Thank goodness it never fired out of battery, that can be very bad. Here's a picture of what it would get stuck like. Just used a snap cap and held the slide in place for illustrative purposes.

Very frustrating since this gun in my hands is the most accurate I've ever shot in a compact or SC size.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis