SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a new CZ - Edit, looked like used and doesn't work.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a new CZ - Edit, looked like used and doesn't work. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Picked up a new CZ 2075 Rami BD. Looks like its been shot a decent amount. Barrel has smiley and wear at the top of the barrel. This does not look new to me. Compared to several SIGs, ones I've put thousands of rounds through and they have less wear than this "new" gun. Also it smells like its been shot.

Do these things have a really thin coating that could wear just from a half dozen test shots? Even if they did sell me something used, I took it from FFL, so I assume I'm stuck with it?

I'm not a collector so I really don't care other than the fact I paid above list price for a new gun, and it appears that is not what I received. Or maybe they all come this way? Never owned a CZ before, just shot friends.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Rami and many CZ's, and this one does look like it was used, and as you indicated. The smily is usually a tell tale sign of usage. I have to ask if you inspected prior to purchase? I would also look at the frame and slide rails for wear as well.
Congratulations on your Rami anyway. I purchased my Rami to carry, but I prefer my PCR as it allows a greater grip purchase.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
bought on Gunbroker? That looks used....my used RAMI looked nicer

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
bought on Gunbroker? That looks used....my used RAMI looked nicer

Yep on GB. People were as nice as can be. Called to let me know it shipped, called to let me know the day it was arriving. Thanked me for my business. Seemed like super nice people I'd want to purchase from again.

Didn't pay attention when I picked it up, was too busy fondling it and trying out the trigger to look for wear on a "new" gun. I probably stuck with it and a very expensive lesson I'm guessing.

Listing:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/759086520

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
IMHO it's just CZ being CZ. The preexisting smiley is actually quite commonplace with new pistols from them. Some guns don't have much if any, but from my experience most do have some amount of finish wear on the barrel surface. I've seen worse on new arrivals to the shop. My fresh out of the crate, NIB 75B SA was one of those 'worse' ones. The thin finish or wear on the top of the chamber block of your gun is more unusual, but considering some of stuff I've seen on new handguns in from CZ USA it wouldn't cause particular concern for me. Even their Shadows and Custom Shop guns often show signs of "use" in their finish work.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
New from an individual could be anything.
New from a FFL dealer also could be anything, but more likely is new.
New from distributor most likely is new.
New from manufacturer is new.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Who knows, it could have been in their store for a while without selling, but lots of handing.

The listing says you have three days.
Contact them immediately about returning in.

It will cost you though, FFL and return shipping. But who know, if you tell them why you're returning it they may work with you.

I once took a $175 hit refusing a gun on GB, but it was a $1200+ gun so it was still worth it.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Is there powder residue in the mag well, or in the trigger parts?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I would not worry about it at all. The finish on CZ barrels is very lame IMO. I have Walthers and HKs where the barrel looks new after a couple thousand rounds fired when grease is used to protect the barrel finish but not my 2015 CZ SP01 Shadow. Here is picture of the barrel after a couple hundred rounds fired and first thing I did when I got it was to clean it and lube it using light coat of Slide Glide grease on barrel exterior. If I remember correctly there were marks on the barrel when I got it from factory test firing. I was a whole lot more upset that CZ did not tighten the rear sight correctly which took me more than a few range trips and a lot of wasted ammo to figure out.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
IIRC CZ tests pitsols with more rounds than standard, and they machine cycle them to break them in.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
The finish on CZ barrels is very lame IMO

Yup. And, no way you can compare it to the SIG DLC barrel. To the blued barrel, yes, where it's lame, too, but not to the DLC one. They don't name it Diamond Like Carbon for nothing.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Checked the test target. Tested on 2-14-2018. If somehow it was used, it was not used long. I bought it on 3-24-18. Kind of interesting the dates. Test fired on day of Parkland shooting, purchased in counter protest to the Parkland Puppet March in DC.

Based on replies, I'm going to chalk it up to their barrels just don't start with a great finish. I am just going to shoot and enjoy my new purchase. Maybe I'll polish it later if it bugs me. Range report thread to follow with pics, she's a beauty (smilies and all). Fiancée is already trying to steal it from me, she loves it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Skins, I don't believe that the "smiley" face is evidence of use. I have CZs from P-01, PCR to CZ75 purchased prior to 2014. The barrels were a dull stainless-silverish tone. After 2014 (date stamped 15) The barrels came with a dark-shadowy coating that did not seem to be there to last long. It was uneven. The barrel's coating seemed to come off easily.
I am happy you are happy with your RAMI! it is a great pistol and shoots just as well as the full size 75. The only difference being its size and carriability.
Congratulations and NO WORRIES.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your pictures aroused my curiosity, so I pulled my bd Rami out of the safe for a look at its wear. Mine is a CGW gun I bought new from them, with about 500 rounds on it now. It has a stainless-finish barrel, so it's not exactly like yours for comparative purposes, but I don't see nearly the wear on my barrel compared to yours. As mentioned above, also take a look at the slide/frame rails to see what they look like, a typical cz wear point. I'm thinking someone had their way with you calling that a new gun. IMO.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Manual rackings w/o lube on the barrel?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Manual rackings w/o lube on the barrel?

Well I wiped it down and patches came out with slightly rusty and metallic color, no dark gray. Rails look like shit, I don't know if it's fired or not outside of testing, but there is a ton of wear. Here are some pictures, not sure how this happens after five weeks after leaving Czech Republic even if it was shot a lot.

Maybe it's possible the wear is from racking the slide a lot dry. CZ fans, did yours have any frame wear when new?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You might have been better off to leave it as received until seller could make a determination from images. Proceed from that communication.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I would be upset with that if I thought I was getting a new one.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
After looking at the rails and seeing that wear, I'm not going to take it to the range today and will be contacting seller, GB, and CZ tomorrow. I'm so dissapointed. All I've been thinking about this whole week was going today to shoot it. Frown

Probably going to be screwed here too because I took it without fully checking it out.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/nFJTf6kgt6Q

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
The finish on CZ barrels is very lame IMO

Yup. And, no way you can compare it to the SIG DLC barrel. To the blued barrel, yes, where it's lame, too, but not to the DLC one. They don't name it Diamond Like Carbon for nothing.

the finish on my P226 Combat-TB rubbed off like that RAMI when using BC GunScrubber to clean it the first time. I called Sig and they offered to sell me another for 20% off.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post