SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like I’m going to have to learn to shoot my Glock better
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like I’m going to have to learn to shoot my Glock better Login/Join 
posted
I’ve been looking to pick up some e2 grips for my m11a1. Sig oos. Then I notice they’re oos on all e2 grips. I skip through the store for spring replacements. Notice that the recoil spring is no longer braided. Didn’t see a hammer spring. Plenty of modular grips for their modular systems.
Is sig abandoning the P series owners for the polymer models? Sure seems like it.

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing personal, just business. Have you tried Top Gun Supply?

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think it is a bit early to declare the abandonment of the classic P-Series pistols. Is SIG focusing on their newer guns these days? Probably. And, why wouldn't they? New products are released by companies all the time. It is done for the sake of progression, and continuing to make a profit.

Currently, the P365 is on fire in the civilian CCW market, and the P320 has been adopted for general issue by the most powerful military in the world as the M17/M18. It would be wise for SIG to embrace the success of these pistols, and focus a lot of their efforts toward marketing/supporting them.

I was issued classic P Series pistols for many years, and continue to own/enjoy them. I also own and enjoy a P365 as well as a P320. As a guy who has also owned and extensively used Glock pistols over the years, I believe SIG makes a better polymer, striker fired pistol than Glock in the P320. Its trigger is better than Glock's, its overall feel in the hand/placement of controls is better than Glock's, it is equally reliable to Glock, and the ability to swap calibers/frame sizes/etc is unmatched by Glock. As for the P365... Glock doesn't even have an answer for that gun.

With all of that said, I would shop around for your classic SIG parts. They will turn up as SIG has sold a ton of those guns, and I am sure they will be supported for a long time. If a striker fired polymer gun is on the menu, I would recommend that you check out the P320/P365. Things have changed a lot since ole Gaston created the gun that he just keeps creating year after year. My current issued Gen 5 G17 can't hold a candle to my P320 IMHO.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
also check with Smallgunparts.com

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:

I believe SIG makes a better polymer, striker fired pistol than Glock in the P320. Its trigger is better than Glock's, its overall feel in the hand/placement of controls is better than Glock's, it is equally reliable to Glock, and the ability to swap calibers/frame sizes/etc is unmatched by Glock. As for the P365... Glock doesn't even have an answer for that gun.

First three are personal preference.
Reliability? Glock had fewer stoppages in the MHS trials before Army stopped the test, did not finish the trials and declared sig the winner.

Caliber swaps are neat but it costs as much as another 320. The frame comes out which again is neat. Swap a whole frame for $30 or a backstrap that's included for free. The 320 is typical sig, big clunky with muzzle flip.

Sig seems more interested in marketing and add on profit with the 320.

The 365? You're right on that one. I own a 365 and its outstanding. Amazing pistol that shoots like a larger gun, very accurate.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:

I believe SIG makes a better polymer, striker fired pistol than Glock in the P320. Its trigger is better than Glock's, its overall feel in the hand/placement of controls is better than Glock's, it is equally reliable to Glock, and the ability to swap calibers/frame sizes/etc is unmatched by Glock. As for the P365... Glock doesn't even have an answer for that gun.

First three are personal preference.
Reliability? Glock had fewer stoppages in the MHS trials before Army stopped the test, did not finish the trials and declared sig the winner.

Caliber swaps are neat but it costs as much as another 320. The frame comes out which again is neat. Swap a whole frame for $30 or a backstrap that's included for free. The 320 is typical sig, big clunky with muzzle flip.

Sig seems more interested in marketing and add on profit with the 320.

The 365? You're right on that one. I own a 365 and its outstanding. Amazing pistol that shoots like a larger gun, very accurate.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have experienced more failures from my Glock pistols over the last 20 years (which still isn't a lot of failures by the way) than with my P320. As for caliber swaps and such... Yes, they are more expensive than I'd like. Still, you can't go from fullsized 9mm to subcompact .357 SIG with a Glock unless you buy two pistols. The fact that SIG gives that option is cool in my book. The rest is admittedly user preference, but this user is won over by the P320 after many years of being a Glock fan.

Not to say I don't still love Glock. I just think SIG Sauer builds a better Glock.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post