SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A Interesting P226.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Interesting P226. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I found another SACO Defense gun which has some cool background. Rob Leatham as its original owner. It's a W. German and has been NP3 preserved. Anyone interested in seeing it. Guns International, Menu, # 100951009.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks like they rounded the front face of the factory trigger, making it a shorter trigger, but not to the extent of the current short trigger. I like it.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It looks quite like a Bruce Gray trigger.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
It looks quite like a Bruce Gray trigger.

Don't think so.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is GGI P-SPIT.

Q

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Similar concept any how. I cant believe the $ 390.00 price tag.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
It´s kind of interesting for its SACO markings and it´s prvious owernship if that means somehting.
The pistol anyhow, should not be confused with the Saco Defense marked SIGMaremont sample pistols of the XM9 trials.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hi OTD, I did think it may have been one of the Maremont pistols. My confusion. Saco Defense performed various kinds of modifications to different types of weapons. How or why the seller states internal work by them is a mystery to me. It does bare their marking. I made rifle magazines for Saco Defense long ago. It would be interesting to learn what work they actually did to this pistol.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The serial number range ot pistols used in the XM9 trials is known. There was two batches. One of the prototype series in the U89XXX (five digit SN) range and a second one of the early production series for final inspection in the U104XXX range.. The serial number of the pistol discussed here is too high to be an XM9 prototype.
SIGMaremont pistols (instead of SIGSauer) are marked as such and have the Saco logo on top of the slide. These pistols though have been made, assembled and proof tested in Germany. So they where basically sales samples for SACO. SACO Defense woudl have gotten the production license in the US in case of SIG would have won the XM9 trails.

I would not put too much thought into the reference of a custom job don by SACO. It might be a confusion of the SACO import logo in combiantion with its previous owner. That is speculation though.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Daniel, I dont believe I've ever seen the Saco logo atop a slide. Any chance you might have a photo ? Thank you.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Daniel, I dont believe I've ever seen the Saco logo atop a slide. Any chance you might have a photo ? Thank you.

http://www.gunsinternational.c...4C090E1976EF.cfusion

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I saw that Saco marking Skins, OTD stated a logo on top the slide.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The pictures I have are form a member of this forum, but these picutes are on a different computer. Sorry.

Thanks skins, the serial number of this pistol is approx 6000 figures off of the last batch SIG sent to the US DoD.

The manufacturing date of this pistol would fit into the time frame of the tials but since we know the serial numbers delievered, we might assume it being a SACO sales sample.

Has anyone some more information about the SIGSauer SACO connection and how long it last?