SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kel-tec PMR 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel-tec PMR 30 Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Any of you folks have the Kel-tec PMR 30? You have any issues with it? Thank you.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for a while. It has approximately 250 rounds thru it. No issues whatsoever. Fun to shoot. The muzzle flash is pretty impressive.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
No issues, shoot it surprisingly well as does the family. About 6 months ago did the MCARBO work on trigger, added (and polished) stainless feedramp, mag release, heavier recoil spring (a bit fiddly) ...

Was good before - really really good now. The sights with fiber optics work pretty good. I and family are fans of this, luckily have a good stock of .22WMR.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a PMR-30 and CMR-30, both are a hoot to shoot!

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No issues and its super fun to shoot. It throws out a foot of flame and sounds like a .357 magnum. The magazines are a pain to load though.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Flash has one and it's become her favorite pistol. She loves the loud report and the huge muzzle flashes.

As I told her, if 30 rounds to center mass don't stop an assailant, the muzzle flash will set them on fire.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have one, bought it used, the PMR30 has reports for a lot of FTF however its not the gun, it's how the mag is loaded. Load it wrong and you'll get problems.

First Mag I loaded and shot had issues of FTF. Reloaded that mag, and then took it to the range with zero issues, and I've shot it many times since. Loading the Mag properly is important.

Fun gun 22 WMR 30 rounds, have 3 mags ready, sights are good, trigger is fine out of the box, wish it had a provision for an optic...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Fun gun 22 WMR 30 rounds, have 3 mags ready, sights are good, trigger is fine out of the box, wish it had a provision for an optic...

It does.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/...pmr30-red-dot-mount/

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

It does.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/...pmr30-red-dot-mount/

Welll slap my ass and call me Sally.....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
For the PMR30, Highly recommend the MCARBO upgrades. The polished stainless feedramp, adjustable trigger, recoil spring, and mag release update. Stronger recoil spring helps with consistent feeding (and optic addition) as does the feedramp and the release helps raise the magazine just a bit which also helps with feeding.

Warning - if doing the recoil spring upgrade you need three hands and suggest you get spare keepers as you will launch 1 or 2 - do the work in a box so if comes off stays contained. Basic gunsmith skills, nothing too hard.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

The magazines are a pain to load
https://gregcotellc.com/cart/m...tjikr72dtvaouamucgi6

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30542 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
or this is the one I got, works good, you better have strong fingers to hand load these things.

https://www.amazon.com/PMR-30-...Loader/dp/B086CCHX5H

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got a PMR30 magazine loader that was made on a 3D printer and a friend gave it to me.

Works great and no pain on the thumbs.