SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 American
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 American Login/Join 
posted
When will it finally be released & what will the difference be with the P210 Legend

Posts: 29 | Location: louisiana | Registered: April 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tc25:
When will it finally be released

No one knows. Don't believe any promised release date, and then get disappointed.
quote:
& what will the difference be with the P210 Legend

The barrel-to-slide lockup mechanism.

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q, are you saying that the internals on the P210 American will be different from all previous P210s?

What makes it a P210 then other than exterior appearance and marketing.

I did not know this and am disappointed...

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quantum13:
Q, are you saying that the internals on the P210 American will be different from all previous P210s?

What makes it a P210 then other than exterior appearance and marketing.

I did not know this and am disappointed...

Don't know about anything else, but that's the major difference everyone was talking about, when it first showed its face at SHOT 2016. The barrel-to-slide locking of the American P210 is like that of other P-series SIGSs, which is completely different from the original P210 (locking lugs on top of the barrel mated to the corresponding "gouges" on the slide, like the 1911).

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Don't know about anything else, but that's the major difference everyone was talking about, when it first showed its face at SHOT 2016. The barrel-to-slide locking of the American P210 is like that of other P-series SIGSs, which is completely different from the original P210 (locking lugs on top of the barrel mated to the corresponding "gouges" on the slide, like the 1911).

Thanks Q. Back to looking for a Legend again. I really want one of these to shoot; if the American 210 is going to be like that, i hardly see the point as barrel to slide lockup seems a critical component of that legendary accuracy...

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The slide rides inside the frame, which may be part of the reason for the high accuracy. My P320 shoots 2" groups at 50 yards, according to Bruce Gray. Therefore the more modern barrel lock up may not be compromising accuracy.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The X-guns have ejection port lock up, and they're as accurate as P210s.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The X-guns....... and they're as accurate as P210s.

Based on?

Q

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Based on?

A few months ago, in this forum, a member described the results of an accuracy experiment. Several Swiss and German P210s, and an X5, were test fired from a machine rest at targets at 50 yard range (as I recall). The result: no significant difference in accuracy among them. But the very best group was fired from the X5.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Based on?

A few months ago, in this forum, a member described the results of an accuracy experiment. Several Swiss and German P210s, and an X5, were test fired from a machine rest at targets at 50 yard range (as I recall). The result: no significant difference in accuracy among them. But the very best group was fired from the X5.

Thanks. I somehow missed that. If I had to guess, it's probably bac1023 who did that.

But, just looking at all the 50-meter targets from all the Swiss P210s and the 25-meter targets from all the X5s out there, I just don't see the X5 in general beating the P210 in accuracy.

Q

posted Hide Post
Could someone please find that thread?

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 117 | Location: Schererville, IN | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
With that huge red dot on the X5, the above link is not a fair comparison. There's another thread that actually contradicts the X5 series' accuracies versus the P210 based on their performance measure in Swiss hands. Maybe OTD posted it, regardless both pistols are plenty accurate for me and the difference is splitting hairs IMHO.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I'm not a likely buyer, but admit I would like to lay hands on an American P210 just to compare with the Swiss and German versions for myself. Hope it's not like the Colt 1913 commercial shown a few years ago, but never actually put into production. Reference the X-5 vs. P210 accuracy, I strongly suspect that if one had the luxury of testing 10 of each in a machine rest, some X-5s would be more accurate than some 210s, and vice versa. Then, changing ammunition would likely change the rankings again. I can only say that in my hands, and using a pistol rest, at 25 yards any difference in accuracy between my Swiss and German 210s, and my X-5, was so insignificant as to be undetectable by me. I could shoot good groups with the 210s more often, but that's just me,not because the 210s were intrinsically more accurate, IMHO. Though I have only used one red dot on a pistol, and a cheap one at that, for me it made a significant difference in group size at 25 yards......ymmv.

PS, the X-5 and P210 are both such accurate pistols, our debate here may be as relevant as, "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"Wink

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:

And will probably have indo-mim small parts.

I am still interested in a compact model with supertarget safety.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
When will it finally be released & what will the difference be with the P210 Legend

the Legend has Browning/Müller barrel lock, the US remake will probably be Browning/Webley. For it's advertised price it is possible it might not use the Petter patent. That is is my speculation. It does not matter sience its absence does not compromise neither performance nor accuracy, but has a big impact on price. It might not be the P210 one wants to expect, but if they keep balance and ergonomy it sure will be a good gun.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:

And will probably have indo-mim small parts.

Good. Indo-min is the technological leader in mim manufacturing. They have the know-how and the equippment.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:
quote:

the Legend has Browning/Müller barrel lock, the US remake will probably be Browning/Webley. For it's advertised price it is possible it might not use the Petter patent. That is is my speculation. It does not matter sience its absence does not compromise neither performance nor accuracy, but has a big impact on price. It might not be the P210 one wants to expect, but if they keep balance and ergonomy it sure will be a good gun.

What is the nature of the Petter patent?

Serious about crackers

posted Hide Post
And what is the Webley connexion?

I figure Muller to be the source of the single surface lockup. Am I right? Or did he introduce the "kidney cut"?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
And what is the Webley connexion?

[QUOTE]I figure Muller to be the source of the single surface lockup.
,Unfortunately not. The single surface lock up is actually of Webley.

quote:
Am I right? Or did he introduce the "kidney cut"?
yes, the close cam path is SIG/Müller