SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How to tell if 22 cal P229 conversion slide is for railed or nonrailed slide?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to tell if 22 cal P229 conversion slide is for railed or nonrailed slide? Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted
Any tip off if a 22 conversion slide for a 229 is for a railed or non-railed 229? I might be buying one from a member and we might need to know how to tell the difference. Thank you.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Mine is marked on the box....;-)
I will pull it out tomorrow and see if it is marked on slide, I don’t remember, been awhile since I used it

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Thanks, SPG. I know that the one that is for sale has no box. That's why I'd like to see if there is some easy way to distinguish between the two models before I pay out the dinero.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
I believe the only visible difference on the slide is the length of the dust cover. I have one for a non-railed 229, and recall having a similar concern when I bought mine.

Edit: Just took a quick look at mine. No marking on the slide itself as to which it's for, but (for my non-railed 229) the dust cover is over an inch long.

Pretty sure the conversion slides for railed 229s have shorter dust covers.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Just went and looked at mine. As yanici stated it is marked on the box. Mine is for a 229R,
I could not find any markings on the slide marking it for railed or non-railed.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
I believe the only visible difference on the slide is the length of the dust cover. I have one for a non-railed 229, and recall having a similar concern when I bought mine.

Is it possible for you to take some kind of measurement? That may be the only way to tell. Thanks.

John

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg for checking the length of the dust cover.

Edit: Got the real scoop. Here it is:
P229 railed. Hood should measure .9”
P229 non railed. Hood should measure 1.2”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: yanici,

John

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Hey, SPG, I sent you an email. Hope it's not in your spam folder.

Thanks again for all your help, guys. The deal I was looking at died. The conversion kit was in tough shape.

So, I'm still looking for a P229 railed .22 cal. conversion kit.

John