SIGforum
How to tell if 22 cal P229 conversion slide is for railed or nonrailed slide?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7260089154

January 10, 2019, 07:43 PM
yanici
How to tell if 22 cal P229 conversion slide is for railed or nonrailed slide?
Any tip off if a 22 conversion slide for a 229 is for a railed or non-railed 229? I might be buying one from a member and we might need to know how to tell the difference. Thank you.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]
January 10, 2019, 11:50 PM
SPG
Mine is marked on the box....;-)
I will pull it out tomorrow and see if it is marked on slide, I don’t remember, been awhile since I used it

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."
January 11, 2019, 08:53 AM
yanici
Thanks, SPG. I know that the one that is for sale has no box. That's why I'd like to see if there is some easy way to distinguish between the two models before I pay out the dinero.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]
January 11, 2019, 09:04 AM
GregY
I believe the only visible difference on the slide is the length of the dust cover. I have one for a non-railed 229, and recall having a similar concern when I bought mine.

Edit: Just took a quick look at mine. No marking on the slide itself as to which it's for, but (for my non-railed 229) the dust cover is over an inch long.

Pretty sure the conversion slides for railed 229s have shorter dust covers.
January 11, 2019, 09:08 AM
molachi
Just went and looked at mine. As yanici stated it is marked on the box. Mine is for a 229R,
I could not find any markings on the slide marking it for railed or non-railed.
January 11, 2019, 09:09 AM
yanici
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
I believe the only visible difference on the slide is the length of the dust cover. I have one for a non-railed 229, and recall having a similar concern when I bought mine.

Is it possible for you to take some kind of measurement? That may be the only way to tell. Thanks.

John

January 11, 2019, 11:53 AM
yanici
Thanks Greg for checking the length of the dust cover.

Edit: Got the real scoop. Here it is:
P229 railed. Hood should measure .9”
P229 non railed. Hood should measure 1.2”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: yanici,

John

January 12, 2019, 07:43 AM
yanici
Hey, SPG, I sent you an email. Hope it's not in your spam folder.

Thanks again for all your help, guys. The deal I was looking at died. The conversion kit was in tough shape.

So, I'm still looking for a P229 railed .22 cal. conversion kit.

John