SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new FNS-40...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new FNS-40... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...an impulse buy as I am not a regular FN buyer. I have only one, an FNX-45 Tactical in FDE. This particular example was $390 out the door so for a new gun, not a bad price. It is 4 years old but new in box. I like it, for now. It will sit in my maybe pile in my safe. It has good ergo's, a decent trigger, seemingly well built and came with three mags.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll be interested to hear how you like it when you've had a chance to live with and shoot it a bit. I keep trying to like FN's pistols, and I keep saving my money for something else.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I'll be interested to hear how you like it when you've had a chance to live with and shoot it a bit. I keep trying to like FN's pistols, and I keep saving my money for something else.

Other than my FNX-45 Tactical, which I do like because of the 15+1 of 45 ACP and the RMR set-up, I too have not really been into FN guns either. I am a Glock and HK guy when it comes to polymer guns, and for metal guns, Sigs. The price was very good for this gun but I will see how I like it after at least a trip to the range. It might be one of my one range visit and done guns. I've had many lol

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I believe you’ll find it both accurate and reliable. I especially like the amount of rail the slide rides upon. The trigger is par with the M&P 2.0 and improves with use.

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't shot the .40, but I rented the 9mm a little bit back. It surprised me. It's pretty basic, not a great trigger, but something about it made it fun to shoot. I could see how some might find the grip texture too aggressive, but I liked it. Definitely have the 509 on my to-buy list, but that whole list is on hold for a while.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
The trigger isn't bad, not great but not bad. I like the short reset for sure. I also like a gun with a full sized grip, standard or shorter slide (19X, XDM 3.8, FNS). I will give it some range time and see how I bond with it Smile