SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    184 yard Coyote...SP2022
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

184 yard Coyote...SP2022 Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Good eyesight, good trigger control, a good pistol, and a little luck.

Wow!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cayote's appear to be more "dog" like compared to wolves, do they communicate at all with domesticated dogs?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is a hell of a shot. I watched a yote 3 weeks back at around 450 feet and it appeared about the size of a cat. At 185 yards one would certainly be a small target. You've turned the Sig Pro into a varmint gun...lol

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3/4Flap:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
Lucky shot for sure, but I'd sure be proud of it!

To degree of course, but he makes a lot of "lucky" shots. On a bet, would you want to stand out there at 184.5 and let him have three tries? I know for a fact I wouldn't make that bet. Big Grin

I wouldn't let Michael J Fox shoot at me at 500 yards Wink , but I'd certainly put cash up against anyone hitting a coyote sized target at unknown yardage offhanded at over 100 yards. A 9mm with a 25 yard zero has probably 35" of drop at 184 yards. Not to mention very little killing energy once it gets there. Factor in the group size shooting that far off handed. I don't doubt he made the shot, I'm just saying he was pretty darn lucky.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Cayote's appear to be more "dog" like compared to wolves, do they communicate at all with domesticated dogs?

They'll actually lure domesticated dogs out to kill them, but have been known to mate with domestic dogs as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jaybirdaccountant,

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They'll actually lure domesticated dogs out to kill them, but have been know to mate with domestic dogs as well.

All the more reason to kill the bastards

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Impressive.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They'll actually lure domesticated dogs out to kill them, but have been know to mate with domestic dogs as well.

A predator...interesting how the evolution chain works. OP a great shot.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post