SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new P229 SAS Gen 2 (2009) Came In Today...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new P229 SAS Gen 2 (2009) Came In Today... Login/Join 
posted
Special thanks to member Anush for answering an WTB ad here. I just picked up this German frame beauty over lunch today. Can't wait to shoot it! Came with original blue Sig case and everything; even supplied me with a shooting log. I had one like it and foolishly sold it a few years back. Glad to have it in my stable again. There's just something about these with the Legacy slides over the newer ones, which I have and really do like. Anyway, just thought I'd share and say thanks to a great member.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enjoy it, and may you never draw it out of need, but only for enjoyment

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, enjoy!

Posts: 471 | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Simple, but classy. I like it.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Simple, but classy. I like it.

Yep.

Congratulations! Passed up on one just like it at a gun show last year and wish I hadn't. And yeah, the legacy slide, no rail, no tail... nice lines.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
J, congrats! I agree, just beautiful. That's one of the most elegant looking SIGs, rivaled only by the SAS frame P228. Cool

The new SAS with the long external extractor is an eyesore to me.

And yes, Anush (that's his wife) Big Grin is A+++++ around here.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
That is a really good looking 229!

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice......I love my 229SAS......has become my favorite

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sig protects my life, home, and family....."God guards my soul"

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet looking 229. I love the classic lines and no rail makes it even better.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one similar, not sure what Gen it is.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
She is a beauty, enjoy!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a nice addition.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I have one similar, not sure what Gen it is.

Gen 2, if it's DA/SA.
Original ("Gen 1"), if it's DAK.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Congrats, jsawyer09, you got a really nice one!

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am really excited about this acquisition. It should be a pretty warm day out today, so I'm probably going to take it out back and put it through its paces. That is, if the wife doesn't force me to go skiing with her and the kids (she says 'time's running out').

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Does this one still use the older 229 frame, and not the 229-1 frame?

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Hi Q.
Yes, I believe it does. My understanding is that the newer frames typically have serials starting with AKU or 45A, respectively. May not necessarily have to be those, but for the most part, those first three alpha or alpha-numeric serials are used.
Older frames start with AM, AG, etc. (typically falling within 2004 - 2009). This is just my suspicion. Perhaps someone much more knowledgable than myself has the facts on this.

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine addition to the collection

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsawyer09:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Hi Q.
Yes, I believe it does. My understanding is that the newer frames typically have serials starting with AKU or 45A, respectively. May not necessarily have to be those, but for the most part, those first three alpha or alpha-numeric serials are used.
Older frames start with AM, AG, etc. (typically falling within 2004 - 2009). This is just my suspicion. Perhaps someone much more knowledgable than myself has the facts on this.

Sounds about right about the P229 SAS frame of 2009. SIG had a bunch of them frames left over, after the P229 SAS production. So, they used them to make the SAS frame P228s that were released in late 2009. That's according to a SIG CSR I communicated with.

Q