SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P1 through P4 pistols?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P1 through P4 pistols? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I knew about the Walther P5, the SIG P6, and the H & K P7. What were the P1 through P4 pistols?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maj. George C. Nonte said
P1= Walther P38
P2= SIG P210
P3= Astra 600
P4= Walther P38 Kurz

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I thank you. The Astra 600 really surprised me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
At least in theory, the Astra kinda makes sense. The Spanish provided the Germans with a whole bunch of .32s and .380s during WWII, the Spanish manufacturing plants were undamaged and in operation after the war, and there was a heck of a relationship between Spain and Germany that predated WWII - which, I think, explains the exodus of German engineers to Spain to begin developing what would eventually become the H&K G3.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:

P1= Walther P38

yep.

When I was stationed in Germany in mid-90's, the Bundeswehr was still using the P1, basically an upgraded version of the P38 which would be like the US Army still using the M1911.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
Maj. George C. Nonte said
P1= Walther P38
P2= SIG P210
P3= Astra 600
P4= Walther P38 Kurz

The P4 was/is an improved P1 with a different slide construction, a decocker instead of a safety and the Barrel is slightly shorter but different from a P38k.

P8 = HK USP
P9 = Glock 17
P10 = HK USPk
P11 = HK Underwater Pistol
P12 = HK USP 45

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And also there is no chamber loaded indicator (a pin which protrudes from the top rear of the slide above the firing pin--called a "Signalstift" in German). The Signalstift is found on WWII/Post War P.38s and on P1s. The hammer is bobbed somewhat on the P4 as well.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
P11, HK Underwater Pistol. Just what I always wanted. Smile

The HK UWP, I guess.

https://www.militaryfactory.co...asp?smallarms_id=997

Serious about crackers