SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther Q5 Match
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther Q5 Match Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted
Anyone try one of these yet? The Sig 320RX still not available up here, but the new Q5 Match is and it has some good reviews. Looking at purchasing one or the other, and would appreciate any input from folks who've tried the Q5 or both it and the RX!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I handled one at a LGS. It was very nice and I was tempted to buy one. Great trigger. I also liked the pre-cut platform for optic mount.

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Newf,
I've tried neither pistol.....

However, I'll throw this thought out as a fellow Canadian. Accessories and parts support matter a lot if one actually shoots what they buy. I swear I've broken something on nearly every pistol type I've ever purchased.

Walther is such a low volume pistol up here that I would certainly hesitate to go that way. The 320RX will show up soon. That's the way I would go based on parts/accessory availability.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kingfish007:
I handled one at a LGS. It was very nice and I was tempted to buy one. Great trigger. I also liked the pre-cut platform for optic mount.

Optic mount is also dove-tailed to the slide; I can't find the thread right now but I recall an earlier post re the Glock MOS system I think it was, that had some issues with the mounting screws breaking from shear force of the slide action. This dove tail setup would remove that stress from the mount screws.

quote:
Originally posted by highlander81:
Newf,
I've tried neither pistol.....

However, I'll throw this thought out as a fellow Canadian. Accessories and parts support matter a lot if one actually shoots what they buy. I swear I've broken something on nearly every pistol type I've ever purchased.

Walther is such a low volume pistol up here that I would certainly hesitate to go that way. The 320RX will show up soon. That's the way I would go based on parts/accessory availability.

I hear ya...patience is a virtue I keep telling myself LOL.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot a Q5. Shoots well, trigger takes a little getting use to, but once do, it is very nice. I have a Burris 3 on it. Get used to it and it will spoil you. Red dot mounts (3) are supplied an easy to mount. Lot of mods made by users. Well worth the money.

Posts: 37 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I know a former Team Sig member who now shoots a Q5 for Walther. He seems to be doing just as well with it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post