SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New SIG 2019 product catalog now online
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG 2019 product catalog now online Login/Join 
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Operations:
Sad sig is sticking to the back plate sight removal. . I;; never buy a sig or other gun setup like that. iron backups are the only way to go if the red dot fails

I understand what you are saying, but the Romeo 1 I have on my X5 actual has a notch the co witness’s to the front sight for that situation. I had a battery go tits up right As I was starting a stage once and had to shoot it iron sighted. It was slower than the optic ( not that it mattered cuz I suck) but it still functioned. Not to be a doomsayer , but the eyes will go with time, and the dot will gain appeal. Not sure if others have the notch , but don’t write em off !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised there's still a market for the SP2022.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

This gun does seem to be "under the radar", especially with sea of polymer-framed 9mm's on the market. But I guess it must still sell well for SIG.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can understand why you say that, but it is the only full-sized [or mid-sized, if you will] Sig 9 or .40 available for under $600.

I have recommended it to a few people, who have bought it and love it.

I have considered it, but am more 'particular' about the guns I buy. I don't mean anything bad- I mean I like to work on them and make them fit me and work the way I want them to.

For Sigs, I have found this means that I need a thin [short reach] trigger, and the SRT sear/lever installed. Both of which are not available for the P2022 series.

It isn't a price thing- but a customizeable thing. All 3 of my Sigs have that setup.

If Sig had those options for the P2022, I probably would have bought that over the P226 I finally got. As I am not a snob about the Sig lineup- I just want to have it 'fit' me the way I like.

For those who want a hammer-fired DA/SA centerfire 9mm or .40S&W, Sig and CZ seem to be among the last major names to make one [or the CZ clones].

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those who want a hammer-fired DA/SA centerfire 9mm or .40S&W, Sig and CZ seem to be among the last major names to make one [or the CZ clones].

Well there is that young upstart company. I think they are Italian. Beretta or something. Probably just a flash in the pan they will never last. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are a number of police and military forces overseas with large contracts to SIG for the SP2022. It won't be going away for quite some time.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post