SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone Own A New Ruger Mk IV .22?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Own A New Ruger Mk IV .22? Login/Join 
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
I just posted a bunch of pictures of mine here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...6031561/m/1450016834

The green is a little tougher to find since it was a "Gallery of Guns" special, but...I got mine from deguns.net. Keelyarms.com also has 6 in stock for $430.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I traded a Mark III for a new Mark IV, the improved take down system along with the threaded barrel were the reasons.

My Mark III was/is a great shooter and had a Volquartsen trigger and mag safety delete, which improved it significantly, however I couldn't mount the 22 can I purchased without replacing the whole upper.

So enter the new Mark IV, the new takedown is hands down 5000% better, I don't care if you know how to take down the old system, are proficient at it and can do it in a closet in the dark under heavy fire from mortars, it's still better with the IV...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my 22/45 lite. Put a red dot on it along with a compensator to act as a weight. Best 22 that I ever owned

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Does the Mk IV have that horrible mag safety that makes the trigger really awful on the Mk III?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yes but it doesn't seem to cause a bad trigger mine is good if you want volquartsen makes a kit that eliminates it

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Yep, makes a great suppressor host. Need to pre-order the grey Hogue G-10 grips for it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I didn't have a single. 22 before the Mark IV Lite. It is a great pistol and breaking it down to clean is worth the price alone.

I normally don't buy trigger kits for my pistols, but did invest in the Volquartsen kit for it, but have yet to install it. I don't think you'll be disappointed with any Mark IV after the recall.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post