SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone Own A New Ruger Mk IV .22?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Own A New Ruger Mk IV .22? Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I'm thinking of picking one up. I have always liked the standard version with the 6" tapered barrel. I almost picked up a MK III a year ago but waited to see if they would release it in the MK IV version and it looks like they did. Bud's has it for $331 right now. I'd like to get something so I can shoot the Woodsman less. I'm worried if something breaks I won't be able to get parts (it's a pre war, my grandfathers).

So is it as good as all the other Ruger 22's?
Thanks.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My mk4 22/45 lite has been great both suppressed and unsuppressed.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. Primarily shot with suppressor on and Gemtech sub's and it does really well. So easy to take apart and clean after a range session.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Yes, I (but really now its my wife's) have a MK IV Stainless Target model.

Have had MK II and MK III before, but the ease of take down/put together on the IV is awesome.

My wife claimed it for herself, she really likes it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I love my MKII Competition Target, and also my wife’s MKIV Lite 22/45.

I would buy a MKIV 22/45 with a bull barrel.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't get any better, its an improvement in the most positive way. I just can't see any downside.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that firearms should be kept clean and (in the right places) lubricated. With the Mark IV all of that is easy to do. I would not take an earlier Mark as a gift. Yes, thay can be great shooters. Yes, some folk contend that have no problems - well, after a lot of effort.

Have a 22/45 Lite Mark IV with the usual parts replaced. Only bad thing is the thumb safety.

For training/practice is is near ideal as it shoots small groups only if you follow all of the fundamentals. Put a Mantesx on it and learn what you should not be doing. . . . also with out-of-the-box parts it is easy to add red-dot sight.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
I think that firearms should be kept clean and (in the right places) lubricated. With the Mark IV all of that is easy to do. I would not take an earlier Mark as a gift. Yes, thay can be great shooters. Yes, some folk contend that have no problems - well, after a lot of effort.

Have a 22/45 Lite Mark IV with the usual parts replaced. Only bad thing is the thumb safety.

For training/practice is is near ideal as it shoots small groups only if you follow all of the fundamentals. Put a Mantesx on it and learn what you should not be doing. . . . also with out-of-the-box parts it is easy to add red-dot sight.

Hmmm...MantisX...Interesting

I’ll have to check that out.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Mkiv 22/45 Tactical so I'd have the option of suppressing if the HPA ever came to fruition which doesn't seem to be a reality now. But I still love the gun. I put a cheap red dot on it that works great. Also dropped in a flat face trigger but I don't have that dialed in yet.

Posts: 143 | Registered: August 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Highspeedlane
posted Hide Post
I have two of the Mk III Rugers, the Target and Hunter, so I look forward to one day grabbing a IV to add to the den. My experience with the Mk III's is they feed and function with any .22 ammo strong enough to cycle the bolt and are rock solid.

FYI for Mk IV owners there is a recall underway for a certain serial number range:

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/

Posts: 292 | Location: Kingston, MA | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’ve had zero problems with my MK IV 22/45. It’s the handgun that I shoot the most nowadays after spending a number of years wondering what the big deal was in regards to shooting Tim fire over centerfire. Ease of takedown is a huge plus over previous generations. I highly recommend them.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27917 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have one in Bronze and really like it. I added G10 grips.

Photo Feb 04, 11 56 10 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few mkii and mkiii. Besides the stock trigger that needs to be improved, ie vq sear, it is built very solid and good performer. You will like it.

Posts: 66 | Registered: February 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my MkIV Lite! Even nicer with VQ and TK parts.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I jumped on the Mark IV Hunter when it first came out. Great gun, had to pay $600! $331 would be a lot better, go for it.

Posts: 1250 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
https://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html

WANT!!

Yep. A Mk. IV 22/45 Lite is going to be one of my next purchases.

I'm trying to decide between the Bluish Gray and the OD Green.

Posts: 32486 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
https://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html

WANT!!

Yep. A Mk. IV 22/45 Lite is going to be one of my next purchases.

I'm trying to decide between the Bluish Gray and the OD Green.

I’m gonna buy the standard black version. These other colors look a bit ridiculous to me but to each his own...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I hate grabagun. All the great prices they have, but they do nothing for me. They need to relocate outside TX. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post