SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    OWB Holster Recommendations - G43 and CZ P01
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OWB Holster Recommendations - G43 and CZ P01 Login/Join 
posted
Dear Braintrust,
Haven't done a class for almost two years. Too long.
I signed up for an intense all weekend course in December. Planning to use my G43 and CZ P01. I don't have OWB nonconcealment holsters for either. Any recommendations?
I am SO excited. Gonna be fun and needed (even if the weather turns).
Thanks in advance.
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Red Hills Tactical makes a freaking awesome holster. I'd order now though, lead time is about a month.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Stealthgear makes a OWB for them both.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex but you might be cutting it close time wise.

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I'm old school and really like Simply Rugged's Cuda pancake holster. Lots of options for it too.

EDIT: Here's my Cuda with a Commander sized DW 45:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Simply Rugged's OWB Cuda is an awesome leather pancake and Cook's Comfort Holster is the finest, closest fitting kydex OWB holster I've found in 40 years of looking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elde,

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Blade Tech's Eclipse holster for the G43. It comes with attachments for OWB or IWB. Very comfortable in either configuration. Not a true pancake style, but fits very close. I have several for different sized pistols. If you want a good IWB, Blade Tech's Nano IWB is also very comfortable and stable. Sorry, but did not check their website for your CZ, but odds are they make either of those for the CZ too

Posts: 77 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, all.
Looking through the web sites now.
You are right, I'd better get cracking.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Another vote for JM Custom Kydex, but you won’t get them in time. Comp-Tac is not as good IMO, but you’ll get them fast.

All my OWB are JM, aside from one Raven Phantom I have for the G19. If Raven has what you want in stock, they are great too.

I prefer JM, due to higher ride option, and better retention... but Raven is still top notch.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scot,

Email sent. Smile

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Wright leatherworks is one of my favorites. Obviously Ryan Grizzle. Stealgears OWB rigs are nice but spendy... look for promo codes

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ubg Bonneville is my favorite.

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabama | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VEDDER HOLSTERS-Kydex and Hybrid-OWB & IWB

OZARKS HOLSTERS also makes very nice holsters

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Wright Leatherworks. I also like my T-Rex Arms Ragnarok.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackpoint Tactical, Leather Wing.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for good suggestions.
On the way or on order are a Raven Concealment for the G43, and a Simply Rugged Cuda for the P01.
With some plans for others that need a longer lead time...

Picture of BT2012
posted Hide Post
Good decision on choosing Raven Concealment. I have one and very happy with it. What I like about this is I can buy accessory loops to wear as IWB too. In the summer, I change it to IWB to make it more concealable. The great thing about kydex is it doesn't bend inwards when it is worn IWB and make holstering easier.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
Thanks to all for good suggestions.
On the way or on order are a Raven Concealment for the G43, and a Simply Rugged Cuda for the P01.
With some plans for others that need a longer lead time...

Great choices. I'm confident you'll be pleased with both.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Desantis Mini Scabbard. And you should be able to get it fast.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post