SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P10c not for me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P10c not for me Login/Join 
posted
I recently visited a local indoor range looking to try a couple polymer handguns that I'm interested on buying, I was pleasantly surprised that they had for rent the CZ P10c so I took it for a spin. CZ is known for making great quality firearms and I had own several of them in the past and there is no denying their great quality, this is solely my opinion and I'm no expert so fan boys and girls don't offended. The P10c feels great in the hand and while dry firing the trigger felt great for an out the box polymer striker fire handgun, during life fire I felt that the recoil impulse was a tad shaper than other guns in the same size and even with a good grip I found more difficult to get back on target than other guns like the M&P, Glock. I can shoot different platforms pretty well but with the P10c I was all over the place, I also rented a Sig 320 compact to shoot it side by side (my first time shooting it also) I did extremely well with it. The P10c trigger shoe felt awkward to me and couldn't really adjust to it as well as other guns with the same trigger shoe shape, I think is great that we have many choices and not one gun will handle great in everyone's hands. I think this CZ is just over hyped in general but at the end of the day it is not for me. On the positive side I found that I shoot the Sig 320 very well as I tried the full size and the 320 X5 with the same results, at this point there are more platforms that I like rather than dislike and I think that is a positive thingin my opinion.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seen a lot of people were excited to buy these, and see a lot of those same people selling them. Always good to rent first!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I've owned some CZ polymer DA/SA pistols. The recoil pulse through their polymer is not anything I'd call pleasant. It seems like some manufacturers tune this and some don't. I rarely see it discussed.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12612 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that it was overhyped a bit but that's par for the course for any manufacturer. The one I shot I actually liked it and was very accurate. Didn't notice any difference to the recoil that much and it did have an excellent trigger. The mag release was stiff as could be. I also preferred the 320 from a shooting perspective.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My CZ P-10C is #1 for me through approx 4000rds, its been perfect. I am also looking forward to picking up one of the CZ P-10S 9mm (sub-compacts) when they become available. I will more than likely also get one of the single stack sub-compact 9's when they become. My Gen 4 G19 is my #2 pistol. Not as accurate as the CZ and still has BTF issues occasionally and I had to put around $300. in it to get it how I wanted it. But overall I am pretty happy with it. The Beretta APX pistol shows some promise but its size is bigger than I care for and the trigger is just so so. I dumped my P320C pistol long ago, it pointed low for me, had to high of a bore axis, had more muzzle flip than my P-10C and had to slick of grip frame texture. The VP9, dumped it also, to big in size, finger groves that did not line up with mine, to complicated design with too many parts and I didn't like the trigger guard groove. The PPQ, dumped it also, it was a high bore axis bucking bronco with excessive muzzle flip. The trigger had a too much take up and it broke to light for a street cary pistol *for me*. The 3 S&W M&P 9mm I had, the accuracy was all over the place, S&W M&P pistols ,never again. Also FYI, some current production Glock 9mm pistols still have the BTF issues, it is just the luck of the draw. Currently for me the P-10C pistol is the best overall, out of the box striker fired pistol I have ever owned. Other than changing the sights for some of my preferance, it does not need any support from the after market, because it needs nothing more.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
My CZ P-10C is #1 for me through approx 4000rds, its been perfect. I am also looking forward to picking up one of the CZ P-10S 9mm (sub-compacts) when they become available. I will more than likely also get one of the single stack sub-compact 9's when they become. My Gen 4 G19 is my #2 pistol. Not as accurate as the CZ and still has BTF issues occasionally and I had to put around $300. in it to get it how I wanted it. But overall I am pretty happy with it. The Beretta APX pistol shows some promise but its size is bigger than I care for and the trigger is just so so. I dumped my P320C pistol long ago, it pointed low for me, had to high of a bore axis, had more muzzle flip than my P-10C and had to slick of grip frame texture. The VP9, dumped it also, to big in size, finger groves that did not line up with mine, to complicated design with too many parts and I didn't like the trigger guard groove. The PPQ, dumped it also, it was a high bore axis bucking bronco with excessive muzzle flip. The trigger had a too much take up and it broke to light for a street cary pistol *for me*. The 3 S&W M&P 9mm I had, the accuracy was all over the place, S&W M&P pistols ,never again. Also FYI, some current production Glock 9mm pistols still have the BTF issues, it is just the luck of the draw. Currently for me the P-10C pistol is the best overall, out of the box striker fired pistol I have ever owned. Other than changing the sights for some of my preferance, it does not need any support from the after market, because it needs nothing more.

I hear more good than bad, and after moving something around and selling off a few things i have one inbound within a few days.

After some time with it, i will send it off to Jagerwerks for a little slide work, but overall i don't see doing much more to it.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Overhyped prior to actual release...perhaps. But yesterday it shot pretty well for me. I may now actually have to buy one. Its texturing IS a bit too aggressive for my tastes, but that so far is the only complaint I've come up with about the gun.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Glad I saw this; recoil is an issue I haven't seen discussed in articles or YouTube vids. I'm kind of in the market for a non-Glock large-cap 9mm, and this one caught my eye after ultimately discounting the PPQ M2. Guess I'll keep looking.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
Glad I saw this; recoil is an issue I haven't seen discussed in articles or YouTube vids. I'm kind of in the market for a non-Glock large-cap 9mm, and this one caught my eye after ultimately discounting the PPQ M2. Guess I'll keep looking.

thing is i hear it described more as a soft shooter vs the alternative. I will know first hand soon.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI, from my experience and from what I have heard the triggers on the P-10C pistols can and do vary a little bit from gun to gun out of the box. If possible, try them and buy them at a gun shop. My two were pretty good out of the box but they both did have a small amount of creep after the wall and both broke at just a little heavier than I prefered. After around 800+ rounds the creep is *all* gone and the break weight has also been reduced and is pretty close to ideal for me, for a carry pistol. Out of the box the mag release and slide release can both be stiff as hell, but once the mag springs are broken in and take a set and with some use, both * will* become just fine and normal to use. It is also very easy to tone down the factory grip treatment if necessary to suit your preference. I toned the front and backstrap on mine down in around 15 minutes using a 2 inch round medium grit fiber scuff pad going in all directions a little at a time to get it just right. From my personal expierence the P-10C pistols are very soft shooting, low recoil pistols. If you can,try one at a gunshop shooting range and see for yourself before you buy one.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I tried a P10C and it was a decent pistol but I much prefer my Gen2 Glock 19 and PPQ to it. Best to try one out before making a decision for one's self. I would take a P07 over the P10C any day.

My only CZ is a SP01 Shadow, that basic one, and that is one sweet shooter for me.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with Biggy. As far as striker compact pistols, CZ P-10c stands out for me. In fact, I bought 2 of them. Very reliable and accurate out of the box, fit my hand perfectly.
I've owned and/or shot almost all striker-fired pistols on the market. Bought very early P320c. Fit my hand well with small grip, but boy, the high bore axis killed it for me. Plus it had all sorts of problems reliability wise, even after a trip to Sig. I owned PPQ M1 for 7 years. This one fit me well and was reliable after initial break-in, but eventually the trigger became so light and weird that I had unintended double-taps.
HK VP9 was totally reliable and nice grip, but it was too big. Bought PPQ M2 5-inch, which had lots of failures to return to battery with any ammo, even +P. Owned 5 G19, both Gen 3 and 4. These ones were my best carry guns, despite all Gen 4 I had hit me in the face regularly. So I switched to G23 Gen 4, which is still my carry gun. Just about perfect, just don't enjoy shooting it. But now I got P-10c to fire 9 mm and all is right with the world again.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:

Don't take it as 100%. Remember each of us has a unique hand because it's attached to your arm. Internet forums are great for insight but with pistols you have to shoot it yourself. Recoil, I've seen stuff that I thought was powder puff. I had either owned it or shot it multiple times. Another person hated the pulse through it and didn't want anything to do with it after they shot it. Next guy picks up the same pistol and it's his favorite of all time. Pulse is rarely discussed and a range trip is only way you'll know for sure.

Always rent, drive to do it if you have to. Some have to drive all day and rent a room close to X range. Other people it's close or an hour away. Otherwise, if you refuse to do that...sell something and create yourself an evaluation fund. I've had no shame in selling whole platforms in this pursuit. But eval it first, get a cheap holster and carry it too. Shooting is the major aspect, but so is carrying it. If you love to shoot it but hate carrying it because of x, y, or z, it ain't for you. Part costs, mag costs, sight availability, holster availability, multiple sizes to choose from, etc, are all factors on a long list. I'm happy to be done with it for quite some time going forward. Because I sure as shit put in the time and money to eval platforms.
That CZ might be the one you've been looking for.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12612 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
It is the gun for me, I have two CZ P10C now, one being cerakoted. An improved Glock in many ways and now wirh rhe Gen 5 out, great competition. Love ii!

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a little disappointed. It's a nice pistol but it doesn't really stand out from the competition, which says a lot about the great choices we have right now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3520 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post