SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fun range day?????
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun range day????? Login/Join 
posted
Potential for fun day but got pissed on by Father Time. Not enough damn time in a day.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Probably best as you cant rush through a trip to the range... Big Grin. Aside from all the cool things like hanging targets, setting up your gear on the line, I like to see what others might be shooting, talk a while, collect brass if I can, maybe see what club activities are on shedule. I never got in a hurry. You pick another day and enjoy it.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good thing there's such a thing as tomorrow and next weekend.

I over pack every freaking time. Bring six, only time for five. Bring four, only have time for three.

Think of it this way. You don't have to clean them all tonight.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of testfire
posted Hide Post
Really like the looks of the Springfield Marine Corp Operator. How does it shoot?

Posts: 386 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I used to bring so many guns to the range, and like you had not enough time. No fun really, because you don't get anything useful out of them except rushing, spraying and wasting bullets. These days, the max I ever bring to the range is 2 guns, and most of the time, just one.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
When I was still a member at West Coast Armory I would always bring way too many guns. But I also learned when the range was going to be empty and usually had the entire bay to myself for at least an hour or so, with only a few souls putting in for a little lunchtime shooting. I was only limited by how much ammo I brought for the day.

Then WCA got incredibly popular and that was the end of that. Towards the end of my membership run there I was down to two guns a trip, maybe a third...and about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of shooting time. It was about all I could stand given some of the noobs, morons and idiots that were becoming members there. When I started shooting on friends' private lands I found that I could go back to bringing out a lot of guns again, and I did for a while though seldom do I do so nowadays. Bringing less allows me to concentrate on improving and honing my skills with the guns I rely upon the most. When I did shoot 'other' guns it's now sampling those that belong to acquaintances and buddies. Consequently I've now got a lot of firearms that I don't shoot much anymore, and it's also a huge reason why I don't yearn for a lot of new 'toys' like I once did.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I usually bring a max of 4 guns to shoot, even then sometimes I never get to or intend to shoot 1 or 2 of them.

When doing AR drills I bring 2 similar RDS equipped rifles - allows me to shoot more as I alternate rifles every couple of drills to let them cool a bit.

Pistol drills get one of the G19s, either my carry or alternate.

I'm usually done in 30-45 minutes in the summer before it gets too hot.

Fall - Winter time I'll bring a couple of more and sometimes stay for a couple of hours during the weekday - weekend you'll never see me there past 30 min after opening, and then only if I really need to sights something in. Too many hunters / fudds / morons on the weekends for any fun at all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I used to bring so many guns to the range, and like you had not enough time. No fun really, because you don't get anything useful out of them except rushing, spraying and wasting bullets. These days, the max I ever bring to the range is 2 guns, and most of the time, just one.

Gonna have to do this from now on. Glad I’m not the only one with this problem!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by testfire:
Really like the looks of the Springfield Marine Corp Operator. How does it shoot?

FANTASTIC! In my opinion probably best bang for your buck 1911.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

posted Hide Post
back in the day, a buddy of mine and i would go up to the range, on a rainy day with about 10k rounds of ammo, half being 5.56 the rest being usually 9mm and 45 we'd take up the whole rack with all of our rifles. get their at 7:00 get everything out and set up, start shooting by 8 wouldnt leave till about 8 pm, now we both have kids, and perimeter collars on our testicles to keep us from going to far from the house, man we used to go through some brass

I'm just a waste of bandwidth...
P220st
P220 sport
p226/mk25
p239
p228
sig mpx
sig556

Posts: 194 | Location: Deleware | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I over pack every freaking time. Bring six, only time for five. Bring four, only have time for three.

/raises hand

Yeah, I do that also. I end up feeling obligated to shoot everything and I end up rushing to try to get to them all. Last time I went, I brought two: New Vaquero and the Glock on my hip. Only shot the New Vaquero. It felt weird, but much lower anxiety about tying to work my way through a list.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Pistol caliber days, I usually bring 2...some kind of rifle or carbine and a handgun. That way I can focus on drilling with both and don't have to feel obligated to work through a pile of guns.

Rifle days, I usually only bring one...but also pack along a handgun or pistol caliber carbine. My range only has one rifle pit, so that way if it's occupied I can still shoot something and don't have to wait or turn around and go home.

Upside is I get to focus on skillset with a particular platform, only have to pack along one or two kinds of ammo, and there's a lot less cleaning to do when I get home. Consider is unless I have a specific load I'm testing out or something that requires a specific gun, I have to agonize for 30 minutes about what gun to take along, lol.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post