SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really like mine. I had read a lot about the switches that some people dont like and I have to disagree strongly. I think the folks who it doesn't work for or are either extremely picky or have unusual hand size or shape.

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that it’s September is there any updates on availability of the lights with the new switch ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Import tariffs could be hurting them, or maybe they took a page from Surefire with product release timelines? Lol, I'm interested trying one of these out with the new setup after they've been used a bit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen them in the distributor end.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I asked for a general idea- this Fall, next Spring, something like that. Their response was "Currently, we do not have a set launch date for this item."

I wonder if Streamlight is waiting to deplete their existing inventory before releasing the new version. I just love it when a manufacturer teases us months ahead of a product release.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A couple of days ago, I saw a post on another board. Looks like the new version will be available mid-December (per Streamlight, according to the poster), just in time for Christmas. I've got a gen5 G19 just waiting for the new version of this WML.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Some info with a short video here

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Great news. And the high paddle option mentioned in the linked review sounds even better!

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Jeez, this guy tossing his pistol onto concrete made me cringe.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I found this as well, showing the new version on a Glock, but the guy couldn't be bothered to give us a good view of it.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll be trying the TLR-7 on a G19 once the new switches are out.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Sounds like a TLR-7a with the high paddles is just what I've been wanting.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When you get your new WML, be sure to mount it on a Glock and upload a video of you waving it around like the checkered flag at the end of the Indy 500.

posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, it looks ike the model designations for the two new versions of this WML will be TLR-7AL and TLR-7AH, for the low switch and high switch versions respectively. Even the low switch version is preferable to the current model, but as others have said, I think I'll want the high switch version.

If any vendor in the forum gets these new versions any time soon, please let us know. Just name your price.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

The engagement looks more positive than any other style of activation that Streamlight has used so far. I like it.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Soldier Systems was the first website to announce the new version of this light, back in May. I've been performing web searches each day in anticipation of getting a peek at the high switch version of the light. I realize that I'm probably a month or more ahead of actual distribution of the new version of the TLR-7, but it looks like this is it.

TLR-7AL in the foreground. TLR-7AH in the background

I'm gonna be all over that ASAP.

posted Hide Post
Para thanks for the link. I am interested in a high switch model too.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics. I'll be interested in fondling the high version. It looks like a downward press to activate it.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it. I think I'll buy one. My only question though is what is the point of the high vs. low switch? Just a personal preference thing, or is there some other consideration to choosing high vs. low?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post