SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
posted
looking for a light for my nightstand gun

anythoughts on TLR-7 or any other recommendations

Posts: 898 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have one on a P320 carry. It is plenty bright, and we'll constructed. I also like how it's pretty well flush fit with the front of the gun. My only complaint is the switches, but I think that's mainly just getting used to them as I'm accustomed to the ones on the TLR-1.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I keep one on my G19 in my nightstand vault, and also have a kydex holster for when I want to carry it.

I find it to be a very good WML.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Like the size.

Hate the activation switches.

If they can combine a TLR-7-style light with TLR-1-style rocker switch, they'll have a winner. (And no, the TLR-3 ain't it.)

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two, and will echo other members' input; wonderful size, powerfully bright for the size, but the switches can be difficult to work easily unless it's with my left thumb. I use the TLR-1 on my bedside HD, and have the -7s as spares.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have three TLR-7s. I got used to the switch. My duty gun still has a TLR-1HL.

But if Glock ever makes a 45 sized gun in 357SIG, I will switch my duty light to a -7 and cut my holster down some more. My Safariland 7 series duty holster can fit a 34/35 sized gun so I cut it down to the bottom of the TLR-1 and filled the bottom with moldable plastic. It fits better in the car now, but if I can go even shorter, then I would!

The TLR-7 seems perfectly sized for compact-sized Glock pistols. I have one on my edc (Glock 32) and one on my nightstand gun (Glock 21) and I bought one to stick on my 45 which is just a plinker right now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Like the size.

If they can combine a TLR-7-style light with TLR-1-style rocker switch, they'll have a winner. (And no, the TLR-3 ain't it.)

My thoughts exactly. I keep hoping that Streamlight will retrofit better switches to the TLR7. It would make for a perfect edc light.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks for the feedback................

Posts: 898 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I wanted a light for my Glock 29, due to the size, I went with the TLR-7. Absolutely love the TLR-7. Yes, the switches are a bit different, but are still within reach for me with either hand. I guess it depends on each persons grip/fingers.

I enjoyed it so much on the Glock 29, that I picked up a second for my Glock 19! (It has replaced the TLR-1 HL)

Definitely much more compact...

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I been wanting one but I decided that I'm sticking to the HL.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Love the light.
Hate the switches.

I’ve put one on my duty weapon and I like it, but the switches are really only comfortable to activate with my off hand thumb. On the other hand, it does let me run a light on my duty weapon in a holster that I can actually conceal in plain clothes.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like the size.

Word on the street is this is happening. TLR-7s with the TLR-1 style switch. It's due this year.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Great news. Except for the fact that I'll have to buy a bunch of new holsters. Big Grin

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish the switches were more of a paddle type. I can't easily reach them with my short fingers.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
quote:
Like the size.

Word on the street is this is happening. TLR-7s with the TLR-1 style switch. It's due this year.

Great! Hopefully they will still fit the Safariland holsters made for the TLR7 and will not require a new holster.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
I just got a TLR-8G, I like the size and its a good amount of light. I dont see the laser being all that useful, but I got a really good deal. I'm going to order an ALS for it, if it doesnt fit, I'll get a TLR-7 for my duty gun.
The switches are a little awkward, i like the rocker on my TLR-1. However, I dont think it will be a problem after I get some more time with it.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've previously had an INSIGHT M6X which was bright and an easy to operate paddle switch, but to large and heavy. Then I had a VIRIDIAN CR5L which was the perfect size, had easy to use activation buttons, but not bright enough.

I now have a TLR7 light. It's bright and compact. The only complaint I have is the activation buttons are more difficult to activate.

Everything I've tried is a trade off.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered one from Amazon for $91.99 for one of the Glocks or a new P229 Elite that I picked up last week.

P220 ELITE SAO 10MM + P220 SAS GEN 2 45 ACP
P226 MK-25 9MM [2]
P227 45 ACP
M11-A1 9MM [2]
P229 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P229 SAS GEN 2 357 + P229 CARRY SAS 357 + P229 ELITE 40 S&W
P239 SAS GEN 2 9MM + P239 SAS GEN 2 357
P290 9MM
1911 TACOPS 45ACP

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have two mounted on a couple P2000s. Perfect fit, perfect size, great output but I too would prefer different switching. I can get used to the minimal switches although I would prefer them to be bigger, I just wish I could leave them to momentary only instead of the click vs long press thing. I would either prefer a separate switch for non momentary or make non momentary a more deliberate action.

A TLR-1 style switch sounds awesome but will add a bit of size.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've got one on a G19 RTF2 that I keep in a Wilderness Safe Packer. It's a whole lot of light for the money. I can live with the switches, but if they come out with low profile paddle switches (smaller than the ones on the full size Streamlight pistol lights), the light would be close to perfection.

Run time? I don't know. I couldn't tell you. What I do like is that the battery can be changed without removing the light from the pistol.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post