SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm going to hold off until the complete set is available but this is awfully tempting.

https://lapolicegear.com/strea...-69422-tlr7-low.html
(15 in stock as I post this)

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, great price, but since I've not yet had the opportunity to try the new switches, I need the Flex model which has both switches.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Santa delivered these this morning. Comes with high switch installed. The high switch is perfect for me.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I'm thinking high switch is where it's going to be at for me.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas, Blue Dog! Looks great on that awesome fish gill G19!

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Streamlight 7A "flex" (item 69424) has come into stock at my distributor. This model includes both the high and low switches. I have an initial order shipping to me today that I expect to see Monday or Tuesday.

If you are interested in one, my price is $120 shipped for one light or $230 shipped for two lights since I will save a little on shipping. Acceptable payment is either a check or postal money order mailed to me or discrete payment via PayPal or Google Pay.

Unfortunately, I do not accept credit cards as the 3% in fees would eliminate basically all of my profit. You might be able to pay by card with PayPal but please add 3% to do so.

I obviously do not expect anyone to pre-purchase lights before I have them in hand, but at the same time wanted to allow those mailing funds a head start.

Please email SigForum@bvarms.us to order. I apologize for basically placing an ad here in this thread, but I know several people are watching here.

Thanks!

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Woo hoo! I'ma buy mine from DaBigBR! Please check your email.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same with me. Email sent.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
BR per our conversation, Check in in the mail for two. Thanks. JF

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great! Thanks!

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of dealers got them this week. Some on gunbroker, fundeals and shootingsurplus.com

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
But none o' them people is SIGforum's own DaBigBR!!

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Would one of you guys with more modestly sized hands post a review or pictures of your grip an reach to the new buttons on these if you wouldn’t mind.

Thanks much,
Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My plan once I have these in hand is to try to get a series of pics knocked out of them on a variety of common carry sized guns with high and low switches.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Would one of you guys with more modestly sized hands post a review or pictures of your grip an reach to the new buttons on these if you wouldn’t mind.

Thanks much,
Chris.

As soon as I get mine I will post some on my P2000 which if I remember right is where your TLR-7 is right now.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yes!!! Perfect. Thank you sir.

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first round of lights are in. If you paid me via Paypal, yours is on the way. I received a couple checks about 30 minutes after I dropped todays outgoing stuff off, so those will be shipping soon.

My initial impressions after handling the light are very good. The switch is high quality and has a good tactile feel. It makes a little "click" sound when you press it. It is very easy to access as well. I think that most users will prefer the high switch, but I found that on a couple guns my trigger finger hit it going into the trigger guard, so for those the low switch might be preferable. The same is likely true for anybody wearing gloves who needs a big, open trigger guard.

I have taken a few photos of the light on some common guns. For now they are sitting in a publicly viewable Google Drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive...Sw5c8xMm?usp=sharing

The guns included are:
Glock 19/23/32
M&P 2.0 Compact 4"
SP2022
P320c
CZ P01 Omega
P229
Steyr M40A1
Springfield XD 4"

I can take additional photos with full-size guns if somebody wants them. I have not taken any low switch pictures yet as it has been a hectic day.

Thanks everyone!

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Below are some pics of the light on various handguns along with the high and low switch. Before we go any further, let me caution everyone who picks one of these up that the low switch comes with a piece of foam in it in the packaging. Whatever you do don't remove that foam until you're over a workbench or some other suitable surface, preferably with a towel or something down. The reason for the foam is it's holding in two plungers that activate the switches. Trying to find one of these in the floorboard of an F-150 is not fun...so I've been told.

Anyhow, as to the switches I'm going to guess that 75% or more of folks will opt for the high switch. If you shoot with a thumbs forward grip the high switch is easily reachable with your weak hand thumb, even for someone like me with medium size hands. If you have very large hands or on certain guns the low switch may be preferable. For me, the low switch results in more of a downward push than it is forward. Still doable, but not as comfortable.

On to the pics:

P-226 w/high switch

P-226 w/low switch

P2000 w/high switch

P2000 w/low switch

P-07 w/high switch

P-07 w/low switch

VP9 w/high switch

Forgot the VP9 with the low switch, but you get the picture. Sorry no Glocks with rails (43X only).

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://drive.google.com/drive...Sw5c8xMm?usp=sharing

Thanks for the VP9 pic...looks like a great fit. Same on the P320 in DaBigBR's pics.

If these play out well in the field, my TLR-1 days may be numbered.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. I like that high switch.