SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice Christmas present for myself.
Hopefully holster makers will start getting holsters up for these soon after.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the TLR-7 with an X-Compact grip frame yet? I really like that grip frame but have held off on looking for a WML for it so far. If the TLR-7 would fit, that would make an ideal combination.

Posts: 59 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kartracer:
Has anyone tried the TLR-7 with an X-Compact grip frame yet? I really like that grip frame but have held off on looking for a WML for it so far. If the TLR-7 would fit, that would make an ideal combination.

I have an older model TLR-7 on an X-COMPACT and just received a Black Point tactical OWB holster for it. The pistol and light combo seem to work together fine, but I haven't put 1K rounds through it yet to be sure. The holster also seems to fit well, but I haven't put it through it's paces yet. I did not some shaving from the holster on the light and pistol as I practiced drawing, but I chalked that up to it being new and wearing in.

FWIW, I'm looking at the new model TLR-7

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, i was wondering if the light and shortened rail on the X-Compact would work together and from your experience, it sounds like they do. Have to keep an eye out to see if a deal on the TLR-7 pops up.

Posts: 59 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now showing as in stock at Midway. It's no surprise that they would get these first.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...021894695?pid=478504

Again, I think you can do better on the price, but if you have to have it right now, there it is.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
All taken now. Backordered.

I think I will hold out until next year.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm interested but not going to pay a premium or beta test.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still not in stock at my distributor, just so everyone knows.

I expect to come in around $120 with shipping, however there are occasions where the vendor changes cost once something new comes in stock for the first time.

To be clear, I am not putting this out there to try to get anybody to hold out until I have them in stock, but I know there are a few of you counting on me and just want to keep everybody up to speed.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will keep watching this until they come in and I can order one!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of TRL-1s that I have used for years, and have been happy with, but these are way better. When things calm down on the demand, I'll get a couple.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As I said earlier in this thread, I am inclined to support vendors in this forum. My suggestion is that for those of you who don't have to have one immediately, let's wait until DaBigBR gets them in stock. I think his price of 120 shipped is just right, although, as he indicated, new items can be a bit uncertain on price point.
He's shown an interest in this product and I know we can trust him, so let's give him our business.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And I will follow suit. 120 is a hellava price, but regardless, I will support a fellow member.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I will wait and get one from DaBigBR. I want to try it on my new duty weapon next year.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
Pardon the ignorance, but what store/website/other does DaBigBR run?

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The store of 'be grateful for 120 shipped'

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:

Here is his ad in the classifieds
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6710050644

I’ve done business with him and highly recommend him.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:

Here is his ad in the classifieds
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6710050644

I’ve done business with him and highly recommend him.

Perfect. Thanks Phred.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Anyone seen one in the wild yet? Looks like Midway is quoting a 12/24/19 in-stock date on their part.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Anyone seen one in the wild yet? Looks like Midway is quoting a 12/24/19 in-stock date on their part.
I predict that this next shipment to Midway will sell out almost as quickly as the first shipment. It seems like it will be another couple of months before supply catches up to demand.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post