SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That fit code is 8327. Available in all 7XXX duty and tactical holsters per the will-fit PDF.

I, too, miss Holster Ops. Amazingly easy folks to work with. We used them for an agency-wide holster order and had stuff in a week. Another agency I know of got holsters from them and they (Holster Ops) set up a coupon code so individual officers could buy equivalent concealment stuff at department price.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’m using a 7 series duty holster with my Glock 31 and TLR-7. I took a hacksaw to the bottom of the holster and cut to just past the muzzle. Cleaned up the edges with a dremel and used some moldable plastic to make a perch for the gun to sit on. Now when I sit in the car, the holster isn’t digging into my side by being pushed up by the seat.

This is my Glock 32 in it with the TLR-7

This is my Glock 31 with TLR-1 HL

-

Found a pic of the 31 with TLR-7 and molded plastic. Short lived since we’re switching to the 6360RDS holster next year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chowser,

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yeah, that would likely be shorter, and better for sitting.

The Safariland G19 TLR1 duty holsters are just G17 TLR1 holsters with a slightly longer block in the muzzle area. Externally, they're the same.

Same with the P320 holsters...the outside of the holster is the same length for both the full-size and carry. There's just a longer block for the carry....which really sucks because it negates one of the primary advantages of the carry-sized guns. I'd love to get a TLR-7 and stick it on my duty P320 carry to replace my TLR-1 for a shorter OAL (less digging into the seat in my car!), but there's no practical advantage until Safariland decides to make a shorter duty holster for it.

On a sidenote, I do have to give props to the TLR-1. I went in a retention pond up to my neck at work this weekend, and it got totally submerged. It suffered no ill effects...not even any moisture buildup on the inside of the lens. Can't say the same for my Stinger, but it's back up and running again too after the switches spent a couple days in a cup of rice. Who wants to volunteer to jump in a pond with a TLR-7 and see how it compares? Big Grin

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Nothing new, but the TLR-7A press release is in this morning's Shooting Wire:

Streamlight Inc TLR-7 A Rail-Mount Weapon Light

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that both high and low switches are included in the package.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
Nothing new, but the TLR-7A press release is in this morning's Shooting Wire:

Streamlight Inc TLR-7 A Rail-Mount Weapon Light

I notice that article cites an MSRP of $225 for the TLR-7A. Does anyone know how that compares to the MSRP of the standard TLR-7? I looked on Streamlights website but didn’t see any MSRP info listed.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:

I notice that article cites an MSRP of $225 for the TLR-7A. Does anyone know how that compares to the MSRP of the standard TLR-7? I looked on Streamlights website but didn’t see any MSRP info listed.
Midway has the MSRP listed at $225 for the original TLR-7, but you can find them for far less.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019808367/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Street price on the new version will be the same as it was on the original version, which is about half of the MSRP.

In September, 2018 I paid 112.99 for a TLR-7 from Amazon.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Great! I am really looking forward to this light.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phred,

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It's on Streamlight's website now.

https://www.streamlight.com/en.../detail/index/tlr-7a

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Continuing with my daily searches, I found this interesting:

http://www.copquest.com/stream...0-lumens_10-6926.htm

Shows three versions available- low switch only, high switch only, and both switches included. The 'Add to cart' option also suggests that these models are in stock at this time, but I doubt that.

Streamlight's data sheet for this light shows only "#69424 - TLR-7 A FLEX – Includes LOW SWITCH and HIGH SWITCH" but copquest shows part number 69422 for the low switch only and 69423 for the high switch model. Since they're showing manufacturer's part numbers, I guess this is so. I guess if you know which switch option you want and you don't want to bother with changing out the switch, you can buy the TLR-7A in the configuration you want. Considering that very few people have actually tried these new switches at this time, I find it odd, especially since the switches can be changed easily with an Allen wrench. All three part numbers list the same price. Go figure.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Anyone dare to order from them first?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm confident that you'll be able to get a better price. If you have to have one right now, I'd contact them via email and ask if they have them in stock. Perhpas they have an arrangemnt with Streamlight, but my understanding is that it will be a couple more weeks at least before this new version is widely available.

posted Hide Post
I've bought a lot of stuff from Copquest in my police career. They tend to list every SKU that is available to them but stock levels can be inconsistent (kind of Optics Planet-esque). When you order, you will get a status email that will tell you what is in stock and what is not. The not in stock stuff will have estimated delivery dates. My experience is that those dates have no correlation with the real world. They are a decent company otherwise and I think keep their prices pretty fair because they aren't holding a lot of inventory. My perspective there is based on ordering sometimes obscure police duty gear that isn't always in stock in a hundred other places.

I saw where somebody sold a pre-production TLR-7A on Arfcom and I think claimed it would not be released until next year. On the one hand, Streamlight doesn't usually tease products that far out and this guy is trying to sell a pre-production item for more than what the retail one will cost, but on the other, this is somebody that was able to procure said pre-production light, so who knows...

I am also searching (almost) daily.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I emailed Copquest if it was in stock and they replied that they do not.

Hello,

Unfortunately, we will not have this product until the middle to end of December. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank you,

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No surprise. They really should disable 'Add to Cart' on these for now.

I'm gonna buy mine from DaBigBR.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
MidwayUSA now shows this item on their site, estimated in stock on 12/9.

Streamlight TLR-7A

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update para.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm a-birddoggin' it!

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, Hopefully they're really coming down the pipeline.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post