SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm betting I'll like the high switch better but the choice is nice.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Looks like the low switch is about the same height as the TLR-1HL rocker switch is positioned.
I think I will like the high switch better, but the low will be fine also.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is now listed through one of my distributors. The Streamlight part number is 69424 and the description (at least on this item number) says: HIGH SWITCH MOUNTED ON LIGHT WITH LOW SWITCH INSIDE THE BOX .

As soon as they are actually in stock at the distributor, I will try to get some and offer in the classifieds.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
This is now listed through one of my distributors. The Streamlight part number is 69424 and the description (at least on this item number) says: HIGH SWITCH MOUNTED ON LIGHT WITH LOW SWITCH INSIDE THE BOX .

As soon as they are actually in stock at the distributor, I will try to get some and offer in the classifieds.

Great! Thanks for the update. This looks to be a huge improvement in the controls for the TLR7.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It should come as a surprise to no one following this thread, but...

I'MA BUY ONE!!

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
The updated high switches will replace at least 4 Surefire’s. No more whale doink hanging off of the front of my HK’s, but plenty of lumens for a good facial.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I'MA BUY ONE!!

Me as well, especially if the high switch is higher than the TLR-1.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
You can count me in as well, these look great!

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I like the update. It should look good on an M&P with the way the rear is slanted.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect. High switch it is.

Now the only question is which pistol to put it on?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
The bigger question is who gets them in stock first.

Posts: 3438 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
DaBigBR is gonna hook us up.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Just read this entire thread. This forum has ways of helping me spend money. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
DaBigBR is gonna hook us up.

I'm certainly going to try. I'm a tiny fish in an ocean, so if these appear somewhere else before I can get my hands on them, I won't be offended in the least. I tremendously appreciate the business this community has provided.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally am in no rush, so just post here when you get them.

This thread has me contemplating switching duty holsters to one that accommodates a TLR-7...maybe even a Glock 45 w/TLR-7. So yes, this forum is an expensive read.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Searching again online, I do see three vendors who have this light listed on their site, but 'out of stock' of course.

All kidding aside about needing to have one the nanosecond they become available, I'd be willing to wait for DaBigBR to get them in stock. Whenever possible, my choice always will be to support a vendor in this forum. You guys may want to consider doing the same.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
This thread has me contemplating switching duty holsters to one that accommodates a TLR-7...maybe even a Glock 45 w/TLR-7.

FYI - Safariland ALS and ALS/SLS duty holsters designed for the TLR-1 will fit the TLR-7 too.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
This thread has me contemplating switching duty holsters to one that accommodates a TLR-7...maybe even a Glock 45 w/TLR-7.

FYI - Safariland ALS and ALS/SLS duty holsters designed for the TLR-1 will fit the TLR-7 too.

Good to know. My hope though was to find something to take advantage of the shorter "nose" of the G45/TLR7 should I go that route, as sticking the G45/TLR7 into my G17/TLR1 holster (Safariland 6360) doesn't gain me any advantage when seated.

That said, Dara Holsters offers a Level II version for the 19/45 + TLR-7 which might be dandy.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that would likely be shorter, and better for sitting.

The Safariland G19 TLR1 duty holsters are just G17 TLR1 holsters with a slightly longer block in the muzzle area. Externally, they're the same.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Safariland does make a slimmer holster for the TLR7 in their SafariSeven / 7TS series of holsters. I can’t find the model or part # right off, as Safariland’s website and holster finder is not the greatest. It’s times like these that I really miss HolsterOps-it was much easier to find specific holsters on their site.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post