SIGforum
Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7230052654

September 06, 2019, 05:56 AM
Gregory056349
Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
I really like mine. I had read a lot about the switches that some people dont like and I have to disagree strongly. I think the folks who it doesn't work for or are either extremely picky or have unusual hand size or shape.
September 06, 2019, 08:42 AM
Nick B
Now that it’s September is there any updates on availability of the lights with the new switch ?
September 06, 2019, 08:54 AM
RHINOWSO
Import tariffs could be hurting them, or maybe they took a page from Surefire with product release timelines? Lol, I'm interested trying one of these out with the new setup after they've been used a bit.
September 06, 2019, 08:58 AM
DaBigBR
I have not seen them in the distributor end.
September 06, 2019, 09:47 AM
parabellum
I asked for a general idea- this Fall, next Spring, something like that. Their response was "Currently, we do not have a set launch date for this item."

I wonder if Streamlight is waiting to deplete their existing inventory before releasing the new version. I just love it when a manufacturer teases us months ahead of a product release.
October 26, 2019, 10:36 AM
parabellum
A couple of days ago, I saw a post on another board. Looks like the new version will be available mid-December (per Streamlight, according to the poster), just in time for Christmas. I've got a gen5 G19 just waiting for the new version of this WML.
October 26, 2019, 04:50 PM
mark60
Some info with a short video here
October 26, 2019, 06:05 PM
Phred
Great news. And the high paddle option mentioned in the linked review sounds even better!
October 26, 2019, 07:27 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Jeez, this guy tossing his pistol onto concrete made me cringe.
October 26, 2019, 10:10 PM
parabellum
I found this as well, showing the new version on a Glock, but the guy couldn't be bothered to give us a good view of it.
October 27, 2019, 09:24 AM
RHINOWSO
I'll be trying the TLR-7 on a G19 once the new switches are out.
October 27, 2019, 09:33 AM
RogueJSK
Sweet. Sounds like a TLR-7a with the high paddles is just what I've been wanting.
October 27, 2019, 09:43 AM
parabellum
When you get your new WML, be sure to mount it on a Glock and upload a video of you waving it around like the checkered flag at the end of the Indy 500.
October 27, 2019, 09:46 AM
bendable
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
October 31, 2019, 03:08 PM
parabellum
So, it looks ike the model designations for the two new versions of this WML will be TLR-7AL and TLR-7AH, for the low switch and high switch versions respectively. Even the low switch version is preferable to the current model, but as others have said, I think I'll want the high switch version.

If any vendor in the forum gets these new versions any time soon, please let us know. Just name your price.
October 31, 2019, 04:57 PM
kalford
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

The engagement looks more positive than any other style of activation that Streamlight has used so far. I like it.
November 08, 2019, 06:07 PM
parabellum
Soldier Systems was the first website to announce the new version of this light, back in May. I've been performing web searches each day in anticipation of getting a peek at the high switch version of the light. I realize that I'm probably a month or more ahead of actual distribution of the new version of the TLR-7, but it looks like this is it.

TLR-7AL in the foreground. TLR-7AH in the background

I'm gonna be all over that ASAP.
November 08, 2019, 06:28 PM
am94pm
Para thanks for the link. I am interested in a high switch model too.
November 08, 2019, 07:37 PM
mark60
Thanks for the pics. I'll be interested in fondling the high version. It looks like a downward press to activate it.
November 09, 2019, 01:57 AM
dehughes
I like it. I think I'll buy one. My only question though is what is the point of the high vs. low switch? Just a personal preference thing, or is there some other consideration to choosing high vs. low?