Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If we can get the Romeo Zero on the "regular" p365, that would be where I prefer for subcompact.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I like it. I'll probably wait for a gen 2 with manual safety model hopefully by next year.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig just announced the manual safety version of the P365. I just got the email.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boilergonzo
posted Hide Post
I see lots of people liking the G48 (and G43X). To me, both of those go the wrong way (making small guns larger). Having said that, so many people like the "big, small guns", that there is clearly a market, and SIG did the right thing. They provided choices.

I will buy a 15-round magazine for my 365 because I can. Those 15-rounders will sit next to my 12-rounders in a drawer because I like the ability to carry really, really small with the 10-rounders. But others may value 15-round mags, and the new 365XL. As others have noted, it is like Supersizing the dollar menu at McDonald's, but if you want to avoid a Double Quarter Pounder and get a small burger, then make it bigger... one can have a quatro-cheeseburger (not just a single, double, or triple cheeseburger), they will make it!

Posts: 503 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just make the original work please Sig...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Just make the original work please Sig...

It does.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the P365 slide will fit on the XL frame. I'd buy a XL Grip module to swap into for winter/larger cover garment carry with the original for t-shirt/summer carry.

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I'm sure XL grip modules will be sold separately but not for awhile.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stop by one of the local shops and talk to a very knowledgeable person, what is peculiar to me is he sold his P365 to get the P365 XL. I also find peculiar is that some people think something is not good if it doesn't fit their needs or ideas, the great thing is we have options and just because I don't have use for something doesn't mean is a good tool for somebody else. To me it looks like there is a market for a not so small carry guns G48, P365 XL, I find myself wanting one of either but in my opinion is hard to trust something that continues to have issues to this day (P365 15 rdn mags). Every manufacturer has had trouble at some point but sometimes is just too much, I have Sigs and like them very much and some have been fantastic but still on the fence about the P365.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365XL makes no sense to me. The compactness of the original P365 model was its attractiveness.

Posts: 17 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boilergonzo:
I will buy a 15-round magazine for my 365 because I can. Those 15-rounders will sit next to my 12-rounders in a drawer because I like the ability to carry really, really small with the 10-rounders.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. You can still carry a really, really small P365 with a 10 round magazine. But you can then also carry that 12 or 15 round magazine as a spare magazine in the other pocket, or on the other hip.

Same easy concealability with higher total capacity. Win-win.

(Just like carrying a G26 plus a spare G19 or G17 mag.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
Hmm, I like it. I'll probably wait for a gen 2 with manual safety model hopefully by next year.

ditto...

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love all the different permutations. I am back on the 365 bandwagon, now that I have a safety version. Just doesn't compare to a 320SC. I think I will put an xl frame on it when available as I like a full grip.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
Just doesn't compare to a 320SC.

The P365 and P365XL make the 9mm P320 Subcompact downright pointless.

A P365 with 10, 12, and 15 round magazines available does everything the P320SC does and more, in an even more concealable package. (Other than being able to swap the FCU to a medium or full sized grip and slide.)

The larger P365XL is closer in size, but still outclasses the P320SC. They have the same capacity of 12 rounds. Their heights and lengths that are within 0.1" of each other, with the XL being 0.1" taller in height but 0.1" shorter in length. The XL is 0.2" thinner. And the XL is 4 ounces lighter.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, the P365 and P365XL make the 9mm P320 Subcompact downright pointless.

Not entirely. I carry a P320 Carry as a duty weapon, and a P320 Subcompact as a backup (and off-duty gun). The mag compatibility is nice... and I can throw a 17 rounder in my pocket for a reload when I'm carrying off-duty. Also the P320SC doesn't pinch my trigger finger like the 365 did. the P365 was a good shooter, but I don't miss it.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Anyone have one yet?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The 15 round magazines come with a shorter grip adapter that you can swap in to use the 15 rounder with the P365XL. I thought that was a nice touch. I would have expected Sig to charge extra for that once the P365XL was released, kind of like they're doing with the updated P320 baseplates at ~$9 a pop.

Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
Would love to see a side-by-side photo, once they are out in the wild!

I'll bet the grip is going to be longer than expected...

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 1999 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billpocz:

I expect it to be as long as the P365's grip with that 12-rounder in, and nothing more.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by billpocz:

I expect it to be as long as the P365's grip with that 12-rounder in, and nothing more.

Yep. Even uses the same 12 round mag as the P365, just without the spacer above the floorplate.

Here's a comparison between the P365 with a 10 round finger rest floorplate, and the P365XL with its flush fit 12 rounder:

Besides, the dimensions have already been published... So there won't be any surprises there.