quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Sig 320 subcompact ... Sig 365XL
barrel > 3.6 ...... barrel > 3.7
length > 6.7 ...... length > 6.6
width > 1.3 ...... width > 1.1
height > 4.7 ...... height > 4.8

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just curious if a 365XL grip frame would fit up okay on a complete 365 top end?

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
I am just curious if a 365XL grip frame would fit up okay on a complete 365 top end?

Yes. Fits perfectly.

Works the other way too - XL upper on standard 365 lower.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Got my 365XL in yesterday. Going shooting tomorrow so we'll see how it shoots.

But man that's a lot of rounds in a small package. Points very naturally and the sights appear to be easy to pick up. Excited to get it to the range. Holster arrives Saturday and if it proves reliable I look forward to putting into rotation.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What OWB holsters are you guys using for the xl? I generally use leather, but I'm thinking Kydex for this one.

Posts: 225 | Location: Southern, PA | Registered: July 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Alright. Starting to follow.

I may get rid of my G43 and put one of these into the stable. Keep reviews coming guys.

quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'll probably pick one up, but no way I'm getting rid of the G43.

Personal preferences what they are, but I traded my 43 for 365XL. The 48 has become my almost every day thing, with J frame serving the small and light role. The 43 wasn't getting any carry time.
I shot the 365XL yesterday and felt to be much better option for me than the regular 365. I couldn't shoot it as well as the 48 but the difference wasn't as big as I thought it would be.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO, it was a huge mistake Sig chose to produce their 365 grip frames with their proprietary rail that is not comparable with many weapon lights. Also, if the hogue beavertail grip sleeve was not available, I probably would not even consider owning the standard 365.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shkuhn:
What OWB holsters are you guys using for the xl? I generally use leather, but I'm thinking Kydex for this one.
I'm using leather for my XL, the holster was designed for the 365 but my XL fits fine with just a little bit of the barrel sticking out of the holster.

I much prefer leather holsters - I think they just mold better to the shape of the gun but it's just a personal preference.

John
P238 Equinox, P239, P226, P365XL

Posts: 22 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just paid to have the Sig flat trigger installed on my P365 but I'm ready to trade on a 365 XL. It already has the flat trigger and feels much better in my hand than the original model. If you can concede that the 365 really is not a good pocket gun, then the XL balances better in the hand and in a holster conceals as well as the P365. I wish they had made this gun first. I waited and waited for the thumb safety on the 365 to become available, now it looks like I will be doing the same with the XL.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
If you can concede that the 365 really is not a good pocket gun, then the XL balances better in the hand and in a holster conceals as well as the P365.

The P365 makes an excellent pocket pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some Pics of my 365 with a 12 rd mag laid on top of one of my new Gen 5 G19 FS's. as you can see, the height is virtually the same. If you laid a 365XL on top of the G19 it is .680" difference . The main differance between the G19 and 365XL is in the thickness.It's all personal preferance, but IMHO, depending on the size of the pocket you are putting them in, either 365 is not close to being a true pocket pistol. Also, depending on how you carry it,and your holster's ride height ( side carry or appendix position) the standard one may be more comfortable when you are seated. Also, thanks to Sig's propietary rail and it's length, quality lights with decent light output(3-400 lumen) that will fit on the 365's don't exist yet,*to my knowledge*.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

posted Hide Post
Well, I'm jealous. You must be one of those people I've heard about with deep pockets.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I'm jealous. You must be one of those people I've heard about with deep pockets.

Deep pockets, no, the the wife just wasn't enthused about a trip to Vegas, so I spent our/*MY* trip money on three pistols. I'm happy that we didn't go now. Lucky me.

parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
If you can concede that the 365 really is not a good pocket gun, then the XL balances better in the hand and in a holster conceals as well as the P365.

The P365 makes an excellent pocket pistol.

No it doesn't, unless you wear pants with retardedly huge pockets.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only carry the G43 or P365 in a DeSantis pocket holster.

It fits every bit as comfortably as a S&W 642. Slightly heavier, double the capacity, and easier and faster to reload. Equally as fast in and out of the pocket. Equally as discreet. And lately, a couple of 15 round magazines for the P365.

My pockets are off the shelf and the pistol fits fine, as do other pistols of similar size.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
quote:

Deep pockets, no, the the wife just wasn't enthused about a trip to Vegas, so I spent our/*MY* trip money on three pistols. I'm happy that we didn't go now. Lucky me.

Sorry, BIGGY. My post was meant for Guppy. You jumped in between us. Had nothing to do with money. If I try to carry anything heavier than my NAA Pug .380 in my pocket, within minutes, my belt is at the level of my butt. In that regard, the increased capacity of the 365 is a two edged sword.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
hickock45 has reviewed the P365XL.
**spoiler** He likes it. Razz

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jmN3_nRYt4

At 14:37 he talks about the flat trigger -- "It breaks in a nice spot", says he'd like one on all his pistols.

There has been a lot of talk here about those flat triggers, I haven't seen anyone put it that way -- "breaks in a nice spot". You suppose that's specific to his big hands or something anyone might benefit from?

I don't have great big hands, that's a main reason the P365 is so comfortable for me. I wouldn't get a flat trigger on a flyer, that little extra reach could be a negative. But breaking in a nice spot does sound appealing, no?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I played with one at the LGS the other day. The trigger felt good and the ergos on the pistol were very good. The only thig that would take me a while to get used to is the hood over the rear sights. The rear X-ray sights aren’t the easiest sights to pick up to start with and when you put a hood over it they are even harder to pick up. Sig should go with the higher viz style on their standard #8s that they run on the P series guns. I already changed the sights on my 365 to #8s.

I don’t know if I would consider moving to the XL. I love the ease of carry on the 365. In a leather IWB holster, I forget I am carrying it.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
My dad told me he got me a P365 as a belated birthday present. Really cool gift.

It came in and I discovered he got me a P365 XL.

I was a little disappointed, as I have had my eye on the regular P365 for a while. I have a G19 and a P320 carry (on a subcompact frame), so the P365 XL is a little redundant.

But it's a free gun.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

There has been a lot of talk here about those flat triggers, I haven't seen anyone put it that way -- "breaks in a nice spot". You suppose that's specific to his big hands or something anyone might benefit from?

The flat trigger breaks vertically, instead of. pulled back past that point. Think of something going overcenter, vs. stoppin at the center. It's got a short reset, not a lot of overtravel, very good trigger pull, and the reset is positive. The trigger motion is straight back with the additional leverage of the straight trigger.

The new Grayguns P365 trigger has an overtravel stop attached. Additionally, the geometry of the positioning of the angle relative to the fulcrum of the trigger can be used to alter it's performance for the better, and it's already great to begin with. A plus.