Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Range report...sorry no pics.

Took my P365XL to the local indoor range today. Fired 200rds, zero malfunctions. I used the two 12rd mags plus a 15rd magazine.

I fired 50 each of Blazer Brass and Winchester White Box FMJ's. Then I shot 4 different hollow points.

115gr Fiocchi JHP
147gr Fiocchi JHP
124gr Federal HST
147gr Remington Golden Saber LEO

Feels great in the hand and has a little less felt recoil compared to the standard P365. I didn't notice any improvement in groups over the standard P365, but I have 5000+rds thru my two P365's so I need to give it some more time.

Also on the spent brass there were no signs of primer drag.

I'm going to hit the range again tomorrow and will hopefully remember to take some pics.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Hit the range again this morning and put another 200 down the pipe. Zero malfunctions.

Ammo shot was

50rds Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ
50rds Aguila 115gr FMJ
50rds Remington 115gr JHP
50rds Federal 147gr Hydrashok

Below is 10rds of the 147gr Hydrashock @ 10yds

Then same target after 30rds of Aguila FMJ's

Overall I'm pleased with the gun. 400rds fired total with 8 different types of ammo and zero malfunctions. Hope to put some more down range in the next day or two.

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When will the 365XL have a manual safety?

Posts: 551 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safety on this model 365xl

Posts: 551 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwschill:
Safety on this model 365xl

No other "X-Series" Sig P320 has a manual safety, so I'm thinking the P365XL will not likely be offered with one. But market demand may sway that...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
3rd and final range report for this pistol (unless something goes bad). Another 225rds fired, zero malfunctions. Total on gun is 625.

100 Rem/UMC 115gr FMJ
50 Fiocchi 115gr FMJ
50 Federal RTP 115gr FMJ
25 Speer Gold Dot 115gr HP

Accuracy has improved since break in. Here's 10rds of Speer Gold Dots @ 10yds

posted Hide Post
Some great information and pictures here. Just one question - when will either of these pistols come in .38 Super?

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The XL just might get me to buy a new Sig.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up an XL from the LGS where I work. I tried getting on board with the 43X, could not shoot it. Did not like how the 365 fit my hand. Absolutely loved the fit and balance of the XL. Same length as the 43X, and with the 15rd mag, just a tick taller than the 43X. This is my favorite EDC hands down.

Posts: 176 | Location: Louisville | Registered: April 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grabbed an XL and the striker pin looks different than a normal P365. It is beveled instead of tapered, with the bottom sticking out farther than the top.

The plastic surround at the back of the striker is also different, and the tab to push it away from the backplate is different and more difficult to press.

Anyone else notice this?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Some are having FTRTB issues. Could this be a break in issue? Weak spring?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
Some great information and pictures here. Just one question - when will either of these pistols come in .38 Super?

Never. Too niche/obsolete of a caliber. What minimal demand exists for .38 Super guns is almost exclusively for full-sized competition guns.

Besides, that would require redesigning the entire gun and magazine. It's not just a matter of something simple like dropping in a .38 Super barrel.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just pick one up last Thursday, and took little time today to try it out. I shoot a 160 rounds of various ammo, two handed, strong handed, and weak handed. No issues at all with the 365xl. Ammo used was 115 Blazer Brass, 115 Win, 124 Magtech, 147 Federal, 150gr Federal syntech, 147 federal hydro shock, and 124 Gold Dot. The Magazines are stiff, I had to use a loader to get 12 rounds loaded.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brought home a 365XL about two hours ago and shot two mags of FMJ, I'm quite impressed. It feels great in my hand and I quickly adjusted to the sight picture. It was fun to shoot unlike my snappy Ruger LC9S. So this Sig joins our P226, 238 and 239 Sig family. I will admit I loved the feel of the H&K VP9 but it was just too large and heavy for me as a carry gun.

John
P238 Equinox, P239, P226, P365XL

Posts: 22 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: August 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Fondled today. Will buy.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
First range trip today 400 rounds, 4 types of ammo. Magtech Fiocchi, UMC,Federal all 115 gr FMJ. ZERO malfunctions. Used 2 12 and 1 15 round mags. Cleaned and lubed beforehand and all mags were loaded and sat for almost two weeks, not sure if the mag spring trnsion has anything to do with the ftrb issues some are having, but these are some stiff mag springs.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
OK, one more range report from me. Total round count is 900 with zero malfunctions.

Here are 2 of my targets at 10 yards. Left is 20rds of Federal 124gr HST, right is 20rds of Sig 115gr V-Crown. I shot 200rds of HST today and it will be my carry round for this pistol.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:
Originally posted by carotxn:
Need help with mounting an Shield RMSc Red Dot to the P365

I just purchased a P365XL. I love the form factor, size, ergonomics in my hand, and capabilities. I am trying to mount my Shield RMSc red dot to it, but seem to be missing the correct screws to it (the screws that come with the Shield RMSc are too large for the holes in the slide.)

Supposedly the Shield RMSc is supposed to be compatible with the P365XL...When I place it on the slide it looks like it will fit perfectly...everything aligns. I just seem to be missing the correct screws. Has anyone mounted a Shield RMSc to a Sig P365XL, if yes, what do I need to do it?

Have you called Sig by any chance? I bet it works with whatever comes with the Romeo.

BTW, where did you pick up the RMSC?

Sorry for the long delay in response...was out of country for a few weeks. I ordered my RMS/C from OpticsPlanet as well, manufacture date 6/19.

I solved the problem with two M3x12 screws. They fit perfectly. The RMS/C allows for co-witness without needing to change to a suppressor height front sight. I have not had a chance to go to the range yet, but have dry fired with laser ammo and manually reseting the action; no zero hold/shift issues as of yet, so the screws seem to be the right ones. Time and live fire will be the true test though.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Alright. Starting to follow.

I may get rid of my G43 and put one of these into the stable. Keep reviews coming guys.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll probably pick one up, but no way I'm getting rid of the G43.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post