SIGforum
P365XL

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7230029654

May 21, 2019, 04:52 PM
Ryanp225
P365XL
Flat trigger is a deal breaker for me. I can't stand them.
May 21, 2019, 05:06 PM
Operations
its like lipstick on a pig
May 21, 2019, 07:16 PM
matai
So is this meant to be the same dimensions as the G43x?
May 21, 2019, 09:53 PM
Pale Horse
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
So is this meant to be the same dimensions as the G43x?

It’s closer to the G48

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
May 22, 2019, 04:28 AM
RioGrande481
I have now ordered a regular P365. I figured that if SIG is making another model of the P365 they must have dealt with any design or QC bugs pretty well.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976
May 22, 2019, 05:27 AM
WARPIG602
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Apparently, all new pistols have to be 'optics ready', because that makes so much sense for pocket pistols.

Perfect for mounting a 3x9 scope.

I bet more people buy the XL for their primary carry gun than for pocket carry. Red dots on handguns is likely only going to grow in popularity. Making it optics ready allowed Sig to take ont he G48 in size the the Shiled with its optics capable Shield.

I'll likely still carry my P30SK with no optics because I havent come around to optics on pistols yet and still prefer the size of double stack guns but it makes sense for Sig.

May 22, 2019, 05:28 AM
WARPIG602
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
I figured that if SIG is making another model of the P365 they must have dealt with any design or QC bugs pretty well.

I'll take that bet Cool

May 22, 2019, 06:50 AM
tgmr05
This is somewhat reminiscent of the 3913 and later the 239. Not exactly a pocket gun, but rather a slim compact carry that shoots more like a full size. Lighter, more capacity, easier to shoot than a pocket pistol, though the standard 365 is surprisingly easy/comfortable to shoot. Optics, well, maybe. will wait to see if the aimpoint acro comes in a more micro size at some point. Otherwise, it seems a fairly decent attempt for a modern slim 19esque carry platform, ie the 48. The mag capacity hinders the 48, and sig has addressed that.

The real question is whether the 365xl will handle high volume shooting well/comfortably. The 26 is a great compact that you can shoot all day long. The 365 seems to be able to handle it, though it has not been out long enough to really know, and it is ever so slightly less comfortable to shoot high volume sessions than the 26.
May 22, 2019, 02:56 PM
ScotP7
quote:
Originally posted by Timmy 668:
This will be seriously awesome if the long slide fits on the smaller gun, and they offer the long slide in a kit. Pocket carry, or optics equipped longer slide iwb in two seconds.

This!
May 22, 2019, 03:21 PM
dwd1985
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:
Originally posted by Timmy 668:
This will be seriously awesome if the long slide fits on the smaller gun, and they offer the long slide in a kit. Pocket carry, or optics equipped longer slide iwb in two seconds.

This!

Except that knowing sig, the "kit" will cost nearly as much as the P365XL MSRP, and wont be worth it when you can just buy a complete gun for a few dollars more.
May 22, 2019, 03:46 PM
billpocz
I too just joined the 365 club and am really enjoying this new Sig.

Whith that being said, the XL version is somewhat interesting, but the question comes to mind, "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should..."

Not sure why I would want an XL version with a 15 round mag, might as well carry a full size, IMHO.

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6
May 22, 2019, 04:21 PM
matai
quote:
Originally posted by tgmr05:
This is somewhat reminiscent of the 3913 and later the 239. Not exactly a pocket gun, but rather a slim compact carry that shoots more like a full size. Lighter, more capacity, easier to shoot than a pocket pistol, though the standard 365 is surprisingly easy/comfortable to shoot. Optics, well, maybe. will wait to see if the aimpoint acro comes in a more micro size at some point. Otherwise, it seems a fairly decent attempt for a modern slim 19esque carry platform, ie the 48. The mag capacity hinders the 48, and sig has addressed that.

The real question is whether the 365xl will handle high volume shooting well/comfortably. The 26 is a great compact that you can shoot all day long. The 365 seems to be able to handle it, though it has not been out long enough to really know, and it is ever so slightly less comfortable to shoot high volume sessions than the 26.

Agreed, I'm looking for something very concealable but capable of shooting all day or a course.
May 22, 2019, 07:30 PM
sigfreund
How about:
“If you can do something for little or no extra effort and expense, and therefore might sell a few more, then why in the world wouldn’t you do it?”

Oh, I forgot. Because the high pistol priesthood might deem it heresy and consign your soul to the Pit.
Good enough reason, I suppose. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
May 23, 2019, 07:26 AM
WARPIG602
quote:
Originally posted by billpocz:

Not sure why I would want an XL version with a 15 round mag, might as well carry a full size, IMHO.

So if given the choice, you would take a bigger, heavier gun that carries the same amount of rounds?

May 23, 2019, 08:28 AM
Rodfac
Ten in the mag is just right for my needs, as is the barrel length for my modes of carry. The only time I pocket carry is during the colder months when the gun will fit in a parka pocket, making it more accessible than my usual OWB. My 365 is just too big and a bit to heavy, still, for any pocket in my wardrobe & add'l capacity defeats the purpose of the design...

All of that notwithstanding, while walking my pointer this am, carrying a Diamondback in .22 lr for knocking off the errant aggressive thistle top, I got to thinking about a .22 lr version of the 365...perfect grip for my hands, great sights and the right size for my fishing vest. And I'd add, as is Sig's usual on their exchange kits, adj. sights for a perfect zero. But as a previous poster opined, Sig would no doubt price it at 3/4 the price of a new gun...too much, for many of us.
YMMv, Rod BTW: Pic of Pointer & OWB rig.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.
May 23, 2019, 10:08 AM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

So if given the choice, you would take a bigger, heavier gun that carries the same amount of rounds?

Generally speaking, yes.

There's a market for a pistol like this, but it's comical to some degree; the virtue of the P365 is that it's small. Very small. Pocket small. To make it longer in grip and slide removes that utility while retaining the unbelievably small grip.

One of the chief complaints I hear from P365 users is that it's too small; they end up putting something on the grip like the hand-all to make it a bit fatter, to grip. Personally, I like the size of the P365.

If it's going to grow to be a waistband pistol instead of an ankle or pocket pistol, there comes a point where the advantage of a tiny grip is exceeded by the advantage of a better grip size for controlability. I think you'll see a lot more P320's in competition than you'll see P365XL's. More P320's in duty holsters than P365XL's.

The P365XL appears to be a bit of an answer to the G48, albeit with more rounds. I wouldn't object to the 15 round magazine as a spare magazine to carry with the P365, while the smaller, lower-capacity, pocketable magazine is in the pistol for carry. If I'm going to put the pistol in the waistband, however, I'd rather have more gripping surface in my hand, which is why I'd prefer something more like a P320, G19, P229, or 1911. If it's outside the waistband, there's no reason not to go for a full grip. That's just me.

Doubtless there's a market, and maybe it will turn out that the P365XL is the bees knees. It's funny to me that the effort for the P365 was to shrink a 9mm pistol down to it's smallest potential, and now the effort is to supersize a micropistol.
May 24, 2019, 09:01 AM
billpocz
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

...It's funny to me that the effort for the P365 was to shrink a 9mm pistol down to it's smallest potential, and now the effort is to supersize a micropistol.

This is what I was trying to say, but you said it much better!

Not against the concept, just questioning it. Heck, I may end up with one, who knows!!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6
May 24, 2019, 11:06 AM
Il Cattivo
^^ Agreed on both counts. Still wish it had a longer sight radius, though.
May 24, 2019, 05:24 PM
esdunbar
Guns like this and the 43X are great for appendix carry folks. If you don’t carry appendix, you probably don’t understand the point of a gun like this or a 43X.

Just because you don’t understand something, doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea.

I think the 43x is better than the 365 because of the longer grip. The XL now competes with the 43x and it offers more rounds. If they make a higher capacity mag with an extension like they did with the original 365, now it really offers more rounds.

I think this is the perfect response to the 43X. Short grip or long grip, Sig now has an offering in a close size to Glock and they offer more rounds.
May 24, 2019, 05:35 PM
ScotP7
quote:
Originally posted by billpocz:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

...It's funny to me that the effort for the P365 was to shrink a 9mm pistol down to it's smallest potential, and now the effort is to supersize a micropistol.

This is what I was trying to say, but you said it much better!

Not against the concept, just questioning it. Heck, I may end up with one, who knows!!

I understand your point, and I would like a version with just the 3.7" barrel, and optional 12 and 15 round mags.
But I think the 365 long speaks to just how unexpectedly accurate and useful the original 365 is. THAT is the 365's greatest attribute. It is amazing how many people comment that it shoots almost as well as their higher end full size guns. No longer is a micro 9 requiring a compromise in accuracy. I love my most-constant companion G43, but it is a compromise, and not as accurate as a 365. And there is nothing like my Cajunized PCR, but the 365 isn't outdone as much as I would have thought. I think people are going to flock to the 365 Long, wanting a 365 with just a bit more to hang onto to make it compete with the big boys. And yet with the advantage still of lighter weight, thin profile, and high capacity.