New
Find
Notify
Tools

PF9 Owners Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted

I found this out from a poster over at KTOG.

Hogue makes a beavertail Handall for several models of guns, the LC9 series also fits the PF9.

I tried the black (5 colors), and it fits perfect.
However, if you have small hands (I do), it adds a little bit of bulk, but gives the grip a more solid feel, I shot the pistol yesterday with the grip installed, its a good grip, much better than the standard Hogue slip on. It really gives a nice grip when the 8 round mag is used.

It is a bit of work to get it installed .

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Who makes the 8 round mag?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting!! I have the std. Hogue grip on mine(installed upside down) and it does it for me and my hand. That is good info though.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.
KelTec makes the magazine with the built in extension, that matches the frame texture.

I will try to post a picture of it later tonight, check with vendors instead of KT for purchasing, as the outside vendors are cheaper.

As an aside to the grip, I wanted to try the PF9 out after installing the grip. Since installing the grip, I have shot 350 flawless rounds through the PF9 without cleaning. I did however lube the rails and barrel hood. It was 200 rounds of my reloads, a 147 gr HP, 100 rounds Remington 115 FMJ new, ammo, and 50 rounds Hornady Critical Defense ammo, I think 115 gr.

The Hornady Critical Defense was the most accurate.

I also tried the 20lb recoil spring from Galloway I had vs the stock spring, I noticed no difference in recoil between the two. I really don't think there is much you can do to really reduce the recoil in a pistol that small. I am used to it by now, but it is more pronounced than my PPS 9mm.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Thanks. Who makes the 8 round mag?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kel-Te...ry-OEM-/221603465567

美しい犬

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post