SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X5 L1 trigger – How does the pull force adjustment work?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X5 L1 trigger – How does the pull force adjustment work? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I can think of two possibilities:

* Some change of geometry.

* A spring pretension.

The spring pretension seems more likely to me. But maybe there's another mechanism that I haven't thought of…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I recall a thread on this awhile back. You might try searching for it. I looked at the Armorer page and it's not there, but I'll let you look here (SIG Pistols).

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There is a small spring that comes preloaded upon a set pin. The set screw (when tightened) tip increases the tension against the trigger mechanism as it is wrapped around the pin. I think the tension screw can be accessed by using an Allen wrench with the hole in front of the trigger guard at the base of the dust cover. If you wish to change or swap the spring itself, the trigger assembly is made of 15 or so itty bitty parts. These parts can't wait to jump out and hide under stuff, in the carpet, behind the bookshelf, etc. and can only be found after dispensing a substantial amount of swear words...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thank you, .38supersig!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yes sir. You're welcome.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post