SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You guys are a bad influence-P365 related
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You guys are a bad influence-P365 related Login/Join 
posted
I swore I would never get one as I had no need for it or even desire to get one. I had plans on getting a Glock 48 but after holding it, it felt huge for a single stack pistol. So, after all the posts related to the P365 and me needing a newer gun with higher capacity and a larger caliber, I finally had to see what all the hub-bub was about.

I had always seen them at the gun stores but never actually picked one up. Well, I was hooked when I finally held one and color me amazed, at how they made such a small pistol with the ability to hold 10 rounds in 9mm. I had a gift card to Bass Pro and their prices were in line to other shops and even on line, so I bought it.

My son and I took it to the range right after and put it through it's paces. I brought a bunch of different types of ammo- Magtech,Federal, Winchester and a couple others. We put about 350 rounds through it without issue. Recoil was not bad at all for such a compact pistol, a lot less than I thought it would be. Accuracy was pretty amazing as well for a small barrel. I only shot it out to about 15-20 yards. The mag. springs were very strong to load at first but I had a Mag-lula loader, which is another amazing tool, so that made it easy. Did I mention how compact this thing is? I was talking to a few other people at the shop and they were all amazed how Sig made a pistol as small as they did in 9mm and fits perfectly.

I know this is nothing more than what everyone here already knows. Also,I don't understand why other manufacturers don't jump on this bandwagon by making a small compact pistol with it's capacity. Now I have to make sure my wife doesn't see it as she will take it as her own.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Just buy her one too.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More than likely,that is what will happen. She carries a gen 1 LCP and the Sig P365 is not much bigger. I can't get over how nice this pistol is.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I don't understand why other manufacturers don't jump on this bandwagon by making a small compact pistol with it's capacity.

Springfield has with the Hellcat

Posts: 24 | Location: NW Chicago Suburb | Registered: September 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigsecondsflat:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I don't understand why other manufacturers don't jump on this bandwagon by making a small compact pistol with it's capacity.

Springfield has with the Hellcat

Yeah, and Ruger and Smith will follow, soon.

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I am bashing them but Glock's latest big deal gun should have been something like the p365 not a .22, in my opinion. Of all of the brands, how did they not come out with one?

Anyway, I am quite happy with my choice. It is amazing how well this fits in the hand with such a small grip.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yep, it is a fine weapon, ya did well.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post