Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226-9-Navy Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I would but it at that price. I have a Sig Navy pre Mk25 but it is not an original NSW model. Go for it IMO.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I paid more for mine, but I really wanted it so the price was fine with me. If that one came with everything other than the correct sights (box, coa, 10rd mags, etc.), I'd snatch it up right away for $800.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
I would but it at that price. ... Go for it IMO.

same.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
As far as value goes, it's a gun Sig only made 2,000 of. That affects the price when compared to the value of an ordinary P226. NSW0001 was auctioned off and IIRC it went for BIG money, so that's one less that you'll find for under $1K.

Like Para said, there's a saying we have to help justify buying guns like this, "you didn't pay to much, you just bought it a little early"

I have #1097 which has about 1,000 rounds through it and I would not let it go for $800.00

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking, blindref!

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
NSW0911 was raffled off in 2004. I forget by who. NSW1776 was snagged by someone at SIG, IIRC.

I got my NSW1766 from the late Todd Louis Green when he was working for SIG.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You found one of the 2000 NSW pistols from 2004, and a very low serial number at that. Mine is NSW1766, to give you an idea.

These pistols were supposed to be the only Trident-bearing P226s offered by SIG, but they just couldn't resist putting more of them out there once they realized the demand.

And no, those Trijicons were not mounted by SIG. That pistol came with standard von Stavenhagen bar/dot sights.

Regarding the standard von Stavenhagen bar/dot sights, are previously installed v/S sights apt to move or fall off the slide? Should brand new v/S sights be installed to guard against this? Furthermore should Sig install them on this P226 Navy or can a field armorer do it?

Posts: 150 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomday:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You found one of the 2000 NSW pistols from 2004, and a very low serial number at that. Mine is NSW1766, to give you an idea.

These pistols were supposed to be the only Trident-bearing P226s offered by SIG, but they just couldn't resist putting more of them out there once they realized the demand.

And no, those Trijicons were not mounted by SIG. That pistol came with standard von Stavenhagen bar/dot sights.

Regarding the standard von Stavenhagen bar/dot sights, are previously installed v/S sights apt to move or fall off the slide? Should brand new v/S sights be installed to guard against this? Furthermore should Sig install them on this P226 Navy or can a field armorer do it?

I think if you installed 'take offs' they would work fine. I don't think they are being made any longer and it would be difficult to find a new set. An armorer (or even you) can do it but my advice is that whoever does the install should not just jam them on with a sight pusher. They'll get 'installed' that way but any sights should be checked and properly fitted. It's possible nothing would need to be done other than to tap them on with a hammer and punch.

Check the dovetails and make sure there aren't any raised areas on either side of either sight. It may be less likely with stainless slides but not only have I seen 'blown out' dovetails due to improper sight fitting I've done it myself. In my case, I happened to be at a GGI class when my front sight (that I had 'installed' with a sight pusher) fell off and Bruce Gray took pity on me and later fixed my front dovetail for free after handing me his 226 to finish the class Smile Mine is an old carbon slide, maybe there isn't any problem with stainless slides but I don't own a stainless slide Sig so I'm not sure.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If the dovetail slots aren’t damaged, there should be no problem with using “take off” sights if that’s what’s available. They are very unlikely to have been damaged short of having been filed down for some reason. Sometimes the front sight blade will break off its base, but I’ve only experienced that with night sights. If the sight has been installed and removed, one more installation is unlikely to cause any issues.

The SIG factory store still shows “Contrast” sights for sale, but only the two-dot variety for the rear. I must believe, though, that Von Stavenhagen rears are still readily available as used.

Added: Several sets seem to be offered on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-S...8:g:CwIAAOSwYNxajaE2

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post